News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

check your internet speed

Started by rwilli, July 11, 2009, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I think my speed is throttled  by telus

Sleep Mode zZ

My speeds are, according to speedtest.net: ping 15ms, down 49.26 Mbps, up 9.46 Mbps. Close enough to the 50/10 specs that my ISP promised.

looneylane

That is incredible mine 3.9 mbps down  and .5 up! and I pay 57 bucks a month

Sleep Mode zZ

I have a 10/10 connection included in my rent so I don't really know what I really pay for it - there is no way to opt out from it. I pay an additional 6€ a month for the additional down speed although it is not really necessary for anything.

augoldminer

6.00 mbps download 1.87 mbps upload.

I am running on a RV park wifi system and only paying $20 a month.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

looneylane

We are so ripped off up here and for crappy service at best

foxgrove

Looney.. that stinks!!!  We see the same thing here in Manitoba.  As soon as you're outside of the cities, the internet access stinks and you pay through the nose.  I'm quite happy that we were in an area to be able to make the upgrade we did.  We moved to a 100Mbps service and have been getting download speeds pretty close to that mark (down 97.6Mbps, up 4.97Mbps)...  As we use it instead of cable TV, we ended up saving around $50 a month by switching to this...  and I kinda enjoy the speed too.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

I hate some of you  :biggrin: I don't guess I can complain too much, I pay for 6 down and 1 up, and I stay between 4.5 and 5.5 down, but the upload is the bad part, I never get more than 0.7, and usually between 0.45-0.5 up. The upload will slow you down quicker than the download, even though you do more downloading than uploading.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

We actually had fairly true high speed in Regina sask when they upgraded their infrastructure. At the time the 10 mps we got there was some of the highest in Canada and we could watch on demand television on two different tvs at the same time with no lag! Here we are 9 years later and sitting at 2 mps most days at best and paying twice as much with very little support. Telus is terrible now and their customer care is belittling at best

foxgrove

Yeah... but then you were on Sasktel's network which is still a model in the industry!!!  I mean, they put in an OC6 backbone from Regina to Saskatoon back before there was hardware to handle an OC2 cable with any consistency!!  They be thinkin somewhere a few years down the road me thinks!!  {Arrrrrrr} :biggrin:

Foxgrove

looneylane

I actually miss Sasktel's service compared to telus's that is sad. I feel like telus has such a stranglehold and they know it on rural people. If we were in Vancouver or any other larger center Telus would offer us a better rate to compete but they know there is no other provider here. Vancouver has several 10 mps dsl unlimited services for under 30 bucks a month.

foxgrove

QuoteVancouver has several 10 mps dsl unlimited services for under 30 bucks a month.

OMG!! Seriously!!  Wow... I'd have taken one of those a long time ago had something like that been available.  Here, they squeeze folks like they're grapes and spit out the seeds when they're done!  Shame on big corps!!  I know exactly what you mean.

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk