News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pain from Anxiety,about pain.

Started by Lucky1, December 07, 2009, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hey Lucky, it sounds like the research is getting overwhelming. That happens to me sometimes too, best to take a step back and focus on something that distracts or makes me happier. Temporary respite is all we can expect, but it's often enough to move into a slightly better mood. Sorry this is so hard, and I hope you can find a way to give yourself a well deserved break.

rwilli

:)  Popeye are you talking about Valium? Diazepan is Valium or is just similar?   rwilli

popeye

Ha,ha,ha-even with spell check I cant spell, yes valium as in a drug not volume as in stereo....maybe I should slow down on everything.....sorry.

willie

OK, now i know what you mean. that happens to me all the time. i call them "brain farts".

Noah_Scape

Yes, I also find that these help - Meditation, Yoga, and "staying focused on the present moment" instead of thinking of all the horrors the past and future contain makes you realize that "right now", things are not as bad as your anxiety implies [yes, you are in pain right now, but that pain does not cause as much anxiety as "our thoughts" do!!]

BUT - a new thing I am just finding out about really did wonder for me. It is called "tapping", a way to force your mind and body into a different place, like when having an anxiety attack.

It works by tapping a spot on your hand [one of several spots they use] while saying certain things, and then rolling the eyes in a certain way. This re-arranges the patterns set up by stress and pain.

For me, it has helped every time so far. It is not "stunning" in it's effect, it is barely noticeable until you realise where you are after as compared to before.

There is a bit to learn though... a book called "Emotional Freedom Technique" {EFT}, and here is a link to a video with an instructor to follow for one simple exersize in "tapping".... a good way to try it out,
here>  http://www.tapping.com/

db

Just a thought...

if you have chronic myofascial pain you may be better off getting your trigger points released.  Sure you can try to relax you muscles but in my experience, it never is enough to get rid of trigger points.  The TrP's are primarily what makes my muscles fatigue and tense up.

Of course, if you don't have CMP, relaxing may be just the thing.

db :LOL:

Lucky1

So far just a little CMP.  Thanks for all replies. Yoga & meditation are great,but much more difficult when in severe pain. But ,everything is more difficult. Get used to it!     

db

I don't know if "getting use to it" is what I would do.  If you have CMP, get it treated.  If you let it go, it can get worse and you may have to get use to something that is much worse. 

db  :LOL:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk