News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pain in genital area

Started by Upbeat, May 26, 2010, 04:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upbeat

For a few years now, I often get really unpleasant pain that seems to emanate from either my testicles, lower part of my penis or my groin area. This starts up for no apparent reason and randomly. It will start and stay for days but, I can go a couple of months without ever having any problem.

It is particularly bothersome at night when I'm trying to get to sleep.

I've had all the colon cancer tests a few times and everything is clear.

Anyone else have any problems like this? Does it sound like it might be fibro related? 

BRPFan

Yeah I get those as well and I have always chalked them up as Fibro related.

Upbeat

QuoteYeah I get those as well and I have always chalked them up as Fibro related.

Thanks.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

:)

Mambo Sun

Yup.  Me too.  My doc and physiotherapist chalk it up to the structural issue I've got where my pelvis meets my spine.  ie. compressed nerves.  I'm sort of skeptical though because I get the pains even when my spine doesn't feel out of place.
"The moon ain't romantic.  It's intimidating as hell."--Tom Waits

ronr

This used to show a male diagram but things change with progress I guess.  Click on a number associated with the pain area and in the upper left it shows you the spine section that causes pain in that zone.

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/GrossAnatomy/learnem/dermat/main_der.htm

It does show that pain can be restricted to just one certain location with nearby areas not affected.

I saved it as a pdf file ages ago if anyone wants to see that version, let me know because I couldn't even get it to upload tonight.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Upbeat

Quote from: ronr on May 26, 2010, 08:52:52 PM
This used to show a male diagram but things change with progress I guess.  Click on a number associated with the pain area and in the upper left it shows you the spine section that causes pain in that zone.

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/GrossAnatomy/learnem/dermat/main_der.htm

It does show that pain can be restricted to just one certain location with nearby areas not affected.

I saved it as a pdf file ages ago if anyone wants to see that version, let me know because I couldn't even get it to upload tonight.

Thanks, Ron.

I find that pain in certain areas sets the imagination running more than in others.

For example, I often get pain in my feet, ankles, knees, etc. that I chalk up to fibro and don't give a second thought to.

I'd been dealing with all sorts of bizarre pains for years before finally discussing these with my doctor due to pain that had started happening in my upper chest, which also set my imagination racing.

At the time, I'd never heard of fibromyalgia, or if I had, it hadn't stuck in my mind.

The genital area pain is another one that gets my imagination going.

I imagine I'm not alone in that.

:)

Arrunk

I have had pain in my left testicle off and on for several years now. I was concerned when it started. Back in '04, my doctor (at the time) ran tests and nothing was wrong. I guess it makes sense that it might be fibro related. My current doctor told me that I have had symptoms of fibro for years, but it just took until earlier this year for everything to come together. I am learning thay fibro rears its head in unusual ways. :yikes:

Take care,
Rich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk