News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

New shoes

Started by tojo, April 20, 2012, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tojo

I went to the VA after the fire to see the podiatrist. I told him that I had lost one of the pairs of shoes that he had got had burned up in the fire. He told me that he could get me a new pair no problem but that the VA would no longer provide diabetic shoes for people like me with back problems that are causing feet problems. Now instead of the $160 shoes that they had gotten me in the past, they were going to get me custom made shoes to the tune of $650.

Now do not get me wrong I really appreciate my new shoes and they work awesome. I do not have as much problems with my hips or my lower back, walking is way easier with them.

I just cannot believe that they cost so much. And I know that they cost more than that when you add in the two visits to the Orthodics contractor, first to have my feet cast and then to have them "fitted" They are awesome shoes and i am so glad to have them and was told that they will get me a new pair every year.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Zathras

Considering what it costs for a pair of orthotic insoles I am surprised that custom made shoes don't cost much more than that.

But who cares what they cost as long as they do what you need them to do and you feel better.

I am also very happy to hear that you are getting some things back that were lost to you in the fire. I wish that the process was much faster for you, as in you had everything replaced the day after it happened but that isn't the way this old world works.

countryboy

When you get your new pair of shoes next year, are you going to sell the old ones to the highest bidder?   :laughbounce2:

Better list the size before the bidding starts.   buttkick
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Wow!!!  NICE shoes bro!  As Gary said, let us know before the bidding war is gonna start!!!  :emolaugh:  They sound like a wonderful thing and I hope you are able to put many a pain free mile on them.

:budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

willie

Anything that makes you feel better is a good thing!!! It would be nice if they could take a body cast and give us something to wear that would help with ALL the pain!!! Hope the shoes help, I'm considering looking into something like that myself. Nerve damage in my feet after the chemo is still a problem and I'd rather try shoes than drugs!

tojo

The shoes are great. They actually make a cast of your feet and send them to the manufacturer and they make the shoes to fit your feet. So I doubt it would do any good to try and sell them as they fit my feet and would not fit anyone else. Nice thought though other than the fact that would men someone had feet as screwed up as mine lololol.

I was at the clinic and was told that I earned anything that they spend on me and to quit worrying about it. I understand that part but it is still hard to take especially when our government is in such bad shape. I know that i am trying to get a web design and web hosting business going just in case our ssdi and va disability stops one of these days because the government can't afford to pay anymore.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk