News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Please saw my legs off!!!

Started by willie, January 24, 2012, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie

I remember that was one of the phrases that George Carlin said you'd never hear anyone say. I'm about ready to say it. My pain levels have increased since trying to get off the fentanyl but I've been keeping it under control with vicodin. The only problem is it does nothing for the pain in my lower legs and especially my feet. I have some neuropathy from the chemo and my feet have never been right since but they have never hurt like this. I have not been spending much time on my feet so the reason for the pain is unknown. I have already been through ALL the meds, Lyrica, neurontin, gabapentin, and whatever other drugs are supposed to help. None of them help or I can't take them so I need to find another alternative.
  I have to put pillows under the blankets to raise them and keep them off my toes, the weight of the blankets causes pain. I buy all my shoes a half size or full size big just to keep pressure off my toes and feet. I haven't seen a podiatrist yet but think it may be time. Some days the pain is so severe that I would gladly let them amputate to end the pain! I figured I'd be dealing with all those old pains that the fentanyl covered up but I was not expecting this level of pain. After my recent experience with pain killers, I'm a little gun-shy about trying any new meds. If anybody knows of an alternate treatment, I'd be happy to hear about it so I can check it out. I am just a bit attached to my feet but I wish they weren't so annoying!

WolfSoul

Have you tried soaking your feet in hot water?  I know it's a simple thing, but it helps me tremendously when my feet get to bad. I even bought a foot spa that provides heat and bubbles to massage your feet. I really like it.

BRPFan

I totally understand what you are going through Willie as I have been there myself many, many times.

So you would rather have all this extreme pain as apposed to being on even a low dose of Fentanyl ? Seeing you now know how much Fentanyl actually did do for you. There's allot worse things a person can do that's for sure.

My Sister also felt just like you do and she got off the Fentanyl and it was not long before she went back onto it. She also has Fibro and a wagon load of other health issues as well.

I wish you all the best Willie!!!

willie

Went to Wally-World last night and got one of those foot massager/waterjet/bubbles and other good stuff machines. It does feel good! I don't know if this will solve the problem, but it does help, if only for a little while. I'll let you know how that works out.
  Thanks, BRPFan. I really am not looking forward to having all that pain come back but the fentanyl just didn't work out for me. It did ease the pain significantly but problems it created made it more than I want to deal with. My wife says it changed me too much. It made me really short tempered, sleep was even less than normal for me, no appetite, and a bunch of other things that we didn't need. My biggest problem with all of my medical issues is problems caused by medications. I have found more that I can't tolerate than those I can. Side effects of most of these meds are worse than what they are supposed to treat.
  I really don't mean to say that these meds are bad, they help a lot of people, they just don't work for me. After so many meds that seemed like they were going to solve my problems ended up causing more, it's not easy to try something else. Maybe it's time to clean out the medicine chest and see how many more of these meds I don't need! I never had any luck with chiropractors, insurance won't pay for accupuncture, and I haven't seen any "alternative" treatments that looked like they would work for me. I guess it's back to searching for something or someone that will make all of this a little easier. I'll let you all know when I find it!!!

tojo

Howdy Willie,

Put a little Epsom's salt in the water that you soak your feet in. I got one of those heat bubble things from wally world also.

Go and see the Podiatrist, I am seeing the one at the VA and he has prescribed me some custom shoes. The are supposed to be great for people with foot pain. I also use the nite splints or as i call them Darth Vadar boots sometimes when it is really bad. They stretch the feet out and really help. i also have to prop up the sheet or blankets sometimes.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

willie

Thanks, Tojo! I haven't used the epsom salts yet. The heat and massage from this thing do help but I could use a little more. I definitely need to see a podiatrist soon. Hopefully they can do something for my feet. It seems that they are worst when get off them. Like most of my pain, it gets worse when I am done being active and really kicks in after you sit down to rest. It makes getting back up and going again a royal pain!!!

tojo

My feet are the same way they hurt more when I lay down. Sometimes I think that the Darth Vadar boots stretching them help more than the diabetic shoes that VA got me. They say these custom shoes are supposed to be like walking on marshmallows, that will be a blessing for sure. Oh they sell a stretching thing at hariet carter.com

http://www.harrietcarter.com/health-beauty_therapeutic-aids/plantar-fasciitis-splint/

Hope you can get some relief bro
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

Hoping you can find some relief for your achin legs.  I understand completely but other than what you've already been told (and some meds that are maybe out of our legal grasp), I'm kinda slim on ideas but long on prayer and hope.  Keep your regular stretching routine up if you can and when you soak em, make sure you use epsom salts... there is chemistry at work in that that regular salt can't touch!!  Damn but fibro sure is interesting isn't it... I think we all could do with a whole lot less "interesting" and a whole lot more relief.

Keepin you in my thoughts brother. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk