News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

An Image of Pain processing on FM patients

Started by OldSpirit, April 03, 2012, 10:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSpirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0WO1heBT2Y

Its on spanish but ill translate the important part, go to minute 3:41, the voice says: This is the image that registers on the brain of a healthy person that is subject to a pressure on the finger of four kilos (nothing happens) the pain system is not activated, This is how a person with fibromialgya experiences it, (all three images go wild, sry for stating the obvious). Not sure if any of you have seen this, a little proof for those that think this desease doesn't exists.

I found a couple of videos from Dr Ferran Garcia from the european institute of biomedicine, again video on spanish, Is really long but here one of the most important parts: Title of the video Working capacity on fibromialgic persons,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP37baxwUEg&feature=channel Minute 4:40 , mentions the wind up pain process, maybe some of you have heard about it.

The entire lecture has many things on it, including dopamine, serotonin, noradrenaline relationship with fibro, genetic predispotition, differences between the fatigue of a fibro patient and one with Rheumatoid arthritis among other really interesting stuff.

Ill see if i can traslate the best parts, it is really long 56 minutes can't promise to do it all.

foxgrove

Thank you brother..  It's interesting to see the development of fibro research in other countries as well.. Until now, this aspect has not been made available to us so anything that you can do to help us out would be most appreciated.  I was fascinated to watch what 4kg did to the fibro brain..  Wow!!  I imagine this was an fMRI or am I mistaken?? 

Sadly, that's the sort of testing that is unlikely to be done with general fibro patient X but in a laboratory setting allows us to PROVE that fibro really does exist. That's exciting news!!!  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Zathras

I am certain that I read something about this exact testing being done in the U.S. by one of the main FM researchers not that long ago. I am also quite sure that we discussed it here or that I at least mentioned it in some threads.

But it is not important who did the research or where, all that matters is that it has been done.

Looking on YouTube I found this one posted by Stanford Medicine in 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwXy1_4tYPY. I would love to know what the research funded by that grant has discovered since this video was posted.

wolf812

Old  Spirt

I have an in house  translator  she is  my wife  so  Thanks for the video links

I have been fighting with Dr for useing some meds  off label use for treatments for myself
The more  info i have from other medical sorces besides  the drug compaines

It should help my fight so again thank you brother
I wish you a pain fre day on me

Bryan from Wisconsin   AKA  Ben  Dayhoe    :yikes:
Bryan Hopkins  from Wisconsin  too all I wish the best and know all are always in my prayers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk