News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Shooting Pains Down Leg

Started by Tay, February 23, 2012, 04:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tay

Last weekend we went shopping - I was feeling rather fragile anyway, but off we went!!

I had on a pair of Jeans, and I knew when we got to the shops that I would not be walking around for long!!! They were putting alot of pressure on my hips!!!

Anyway....when we got home, I went and lay down, and about 10 minutes later, I had this unreal pain shoot down my right leg.  It was like an electric shock running right down the front of my thigh.

Since then for the last week, I get these twinges of the pain.  Mostly when I am sitting, but sometimes when I am standing,  Maybe twice a day, sometimes more.  I know that Siatica runs down the back of your leg. 

But of course one wonders if this is just another Fibro sympton.

Any thoughts, anyone else get it.  (I have an apointment with the Dr.  but of course one has to wait!!)

Cheers
'Tay

foxgrove

Yup.. been there.. screamed because of that!!!  I know that mine ended up being a pinched or aggravated my iliopsoas.. my guess is that the jeans pressed too hard on the upper end where the top of my hip bone is and the pain just erupted.. got so bad I could barely make it from the bedroom to the dunny!!  Here's a pic to help you understand..

That said there are several possibilities that you might want to check out... Take a peek at the anterior thigh pain list and you can click the links to get to each trigger point / referred pain chart:  http://triggerpoints.net/hip-thigh-knee.htm

Sorry it bit you.  If I remember correctly, this was the last time I wore jeans.. not to say it will be my last time.. I'll likely endure the pain of my good fittin jeans at least a dozen more times before sense overwhelms vanity.. I just like to wear em.  Can't really blame a guy.. my daddy wore em all his life and you know what they say... it's all in the jeans.. :lmao:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Tay

Thanks for that Fox.

The middle diagram is where the pain shoots.  But just on the right leg.  Thinking of my jeans, they do put pressure up near the hips!!  Arrgh !  I love my jeans..

The left leg is throbbing today.  Up and down the calf to the ankle......  plus walking to get the post was trying.  It feels like my leg muscles have shortened and I can't stretch them.

Pity is wasn't raining - I looked like a duck waddling!!!

Am going to check the link you gave me.

Cheers

Tay

foxgrove

If you need any more text references or ideas from the medical journals, let me know.  I've got more reading material than my brain can take hold of.. and a few really good "how to" books on myofascial pain relief.  ;)

Be well sister.  Pity about the jeans.. I feel the same way.  Maybe one day huh.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Muaddib67

There is another condition that I can't remember the name of. It can be caused by a belt, or pants that are too tight. I was having an electric/crawling feeling going from my right hip, over my leg following the muscle, and to the inside of my right knee. Sometimes the feeling can be like a high voltage shock that's painful enough to make me cry out when it happens. I don't think it's related to fibro, but then again who the hell can tell with this crazy damn disorder.  :insane:
And out of the chaos spoke a voice to me "smile and be happy, for things can't get any worse" so I smiled and was happy, AND IT GOT WORSE!!!!!

Tay

I was reading up on things, and tight jeans can be a trigger.  And of course the day it all started to happen with me was when I wore tight Jeans!!!

It has eased off alot now, although if I sit in a certain position, it will happen.  (So I try not to sit like that)!! 

But what you were explaining about the symptoms, sounds just like me.

Yeah who knows - could just be another one of those quirky fibro things!!

Cheers

Tay

Gator

I had the same situation. My doctors laughed at me when I told them that I had electrical shocks in my legs and arms (legs first then arms). What I finally figured out was that I was low on potassium. Every time I went in to ER for heart and blood pressure due to anxiety or stress, they found out I was low on potassium and gave me liquid potassium. The shocks disappeared then and then would come back. Finally my endocrinologist had some blood test done on me but the test required the potassium had to be at certain levels. He put me on a prescription for the week and had me do the blood test then and follow up with my primary physician who then had me take the potassium twice a day. She said it was due to the diuretics.Since then no electrical shocks.

Remember everyone is different, but just another thought on what it may be. By me because it wasn't taken care of I developed cellulitis in my leg where I had a major shock. I also had some skin darkening where some of the shocks were.

Good luck.

tojo

Howdy Gator and welcome to MWF. If you get a chance would you please do a intro in the new peeps section so we can get to know you?
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk