News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

9 years and here we go again

Started by pizzaman242, October 17, 2012, 08:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizzaman242

Yep I said it, 9 years I have been appealing one denial after another. A year and a half ago I finally had a hearing with a VA arbitrator, questions were asked and answered. findings were made and was told theat I indeed have Fibro and that they do believe that it is service connected.

But I have other problems like hearing, tinnitus and arthritis in knees and feet. So after waiting for there decision for almost 6 months I get a decision. They put it in writing that yes i have fibro and yes it is service connected but before they pass down a decision I must be re-evaluated for my hearing and well just about everything. So the local VA Central office was told to gather this info and evaluate and let them know their findings.

Well that was over a year ago and finally i get the letters that they have scheduled me for re evaluation exams but some new docs. I mean we did all this 9 years ago, nothings changed except maybe in some ways somethings are worse now. But I go and find some interesting things about my history. My discharge exam showed arthritis in my neck and the base of my spine. That was 39 years ago, but there were no X-Rays of my shoulders and elbows. Pain I was treated for in service and not since either even though i have been complaining about them all these years, so X-rays were ordered and I now have bruises all over my under arms that look like finger prints. I don't what hurt more the exam or the X-Rays. Plus another exam that verified the existence of my fibro and I also was told that I had tender points reported in my discharge examination.

Now I have poked, prodded and X-rayed again and again I am waiting on decision that from the sound of what every Doc I talked to should have been made years ago.

Yet here I sit waiting. Still wondering if I will be approved this time or not. Or am I going for a record here.
Brady
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for
the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the
unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity

jaiser

I'm holding hope for you, brother! 

ronr

Waiting is always the hard part.

We are with you and know that you will prevail in the end.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Good grief brother.. I guess nobody ever accused the VA of having their stuff together.  Keep fighting.. we know the outcome already, it's just a matter of how hard their heads are and how long it takes to sink in.  

We're right here with you brother..  Waiting sucks but we're not going anywhere.  :budy:

-Edit to clean up my own language.. shame on you Fox!!!   :blush:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

countryboy

Brady,

I think it is time that you and the wife took a few days off so you could be by yourselves.  It does wunders so I am told.    :pals:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

tojo

I am so so sorry that it is taking so long but I am glad that the wheels are turning if ever so slowly at least they are turning.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

pizzaman242

Just a little update. All the re-evaluations are now complete and last summer I was informed that my file was in the hands of the final decision maker.

He must have one hell of a pile of claims because here I sit still waiting.

Be so happy once the final decisions have been made as this will make life so much more manageable for my wife and I.

10 years now and still counting.
Brady

countryboy

That was your fingers I presume, and now you can start on your toes. :emomad2: :emowall:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

augoldminer

If it gets approved you should get one nice check.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

looneylane

Praying for ya! Hoping for good things ahead!

tojo

Yeah the back pay will be awesome!!! You will be able to fly all of us somewhere for the first annual Men with Fibro get together. Whoope Yi-Hah and all that.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

pizzaman242

Well it has been a couple months now and I am still reeling. After only 11years of waiting I am granted partial disability on my claim. They went by my discharge 100%, not considering the overwhelming evidence of all that has befallen me in the past 41 years since my discharge from the Air Force.

I was granted a total of 40% disability, 10% more and all my co-pays would have disappeared. But we are appealing a bunch of things to bring that percentage up where it should be.

I was granted 30% for my shoulders and 10% for my tinnitus. So we still have my back and leg issues, plus my Fibro, which at my hearing they said was something that was real and they said it was service connected. But our local Grand Poobah see's it differently. That is why we are appealing.

But the extra money each month will be great, and I found out that once I am gone, since my service connected disability exceeds 30% my wife will continue to get my disability checks. That was great news.

The money is not the greatest but it has increased my income by 50%. So now I am thinking Cable would be nice. Wife already has her new car, we put 50% down and are making payments on the rest and I ordered a new recliner. So life is a little bit easier now and hopefully it will get even better in the future.

Also found out that when I turned 65 my Disability became Social Security. But the money stayed the same. So it is a big hooray for me.

Sorry Tojo I won' be funding any get togethers. Not enough percentage points.

So very good news all around.
Brady

foxgrove

I've very happy for the 40% that you did get...  I'll continue to pray about the other 60% but hey... you're finally getting some cash back!!!  WAHOOOOOO!!!  :clapping:

So glad that you've got a bit of wiggle room brother.  I know it won't go really all that far but I'll bet it's a welcome sight!!  Happier New Year to you and your sweet lady.  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk