News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Cabbage Steaks

Started by DEL, January 01, 2014, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

I found this on Facebook.

Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks If you love cabbage, you are going to freak out about how good this is. Now, if you are on the fence about cabbage, you need to try this because this might be the recipe that converts you to a cabbage lover
This is a simple side dish worthy of a dinner party and couldn't be easier to make. Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour. Ingredients 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices 1.5 tablespoons olive oil 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed kosher salt freshly ground black pepper spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray

Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it's usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.

2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.

3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.

4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

foxgrove

Wild!!  Gonna have to give that one a go.  It sounds totally scrumptious.  

As an aside and not to take away from the flavor of the meal, for the "discreet dining" situation it might be wise to add a bit of Beeno to the mixture.  ;)  Alternatively, you can advertise it as "Dinner with Musical program to follow".  :lmao:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

:clapping: :lmao: :lmao: LOL I love cabbage! It doesnt love those who sit with me.. :emolaugh: I cannot gey my wife to make cabbage rolls for me she absolutely hates cabbage so her mom will make them for me once in a while. I really miss my Mom's cabbage rolls she hadn't made them for years and I never got the recipe before she passed  : :( :

foxgrove

OMG..  I simply LOVE holubtsi!!!  (Ukrainian Cabbage Rolls).  We have a beautiful grandmother from the Ukraine/France/Poland.. she was displaced a lot during the war.. who makes the most scrumptious food..  I am totally addicted to her holubtsi, pyroghy, and sausages with onions and al the trimmings!!  She treats me like one of her children so I get food privileges.  lol

Is your mouth watering yet??  :naughty:  Can't wait for January 7th to come..  Christmas comes twice a year!!  Wahoooooooooo!!  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

countryboy

Feel kind of left out  : :( :

Don't like cabbage
Don't like steak   'hamburger and roasts are fine'
Don't like garlic

Oh, you didn't mean steak like in meat I assume.  Sorry about that blunder.  Kind of the way things are going around here recently.  Open mouth and insert foot.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Funny how I'm hearing a rendition of "Food.. glorious food..." drift through the air.  Mmmmmm.. I LOVE steaks too!!  Gonna have to find our latest steak sauce.  Homemade and mmmm mmmmm  delicious!!  My son turned us on to it and it's been a favorite around here ever since.

Oh.. and I still haven't convinced Jo that I wouldn't blow the place up if we tried these cabbage steaks but I'm wearing her down...

...back to Cowboy's wife's suggestion of gas that would blow you up!!.  :lmao:  Love that comment.. I can see it making it into this week's conversation on a regular basis.  :emolaugh:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk