News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Contemplating Suicide, 17 years old male with FM/Chronic Pain, please help.

Started by wisemeat96, March 02, 2014, 03:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowyfox

Quote from: wisemeat96 on March 28, 2014, 01:01:11 AM
Hi guys. As an update i just had a colonoscopy/gastronscopy this morning, to find out why i might not be absorbing the iron, and to check for possibilities such as celiac diesease. I'll let you know how the infusion goes anyway.

I just had one of those recently, and I can just say the day of prep is the hardest part. You'll be under for the entire procedure, and then usually they take 2 weeks to get all the results.

I'm definitely gonna echo the others and say I'm glad you called the hotline. Being a teenager is hard enough without having chronic health issues. It's not easy, but just try and take everything day by day. People who don't have fibro are gonna have a hard time understanding what we go through, just like with any debilitating disease. Not saying its an excuse, but I know that before I got sick, I couldn't understand how anyone felt who was sick like that. I could feel sorry for them, but that was as close as I got.

That said, you've got an amazing resource here and I hope you get a chance to get to the root of the problem. One important thing to remember is that, as weird as it seems, it's ok to have a bad day. It's ok to just say "f it; I don't feel like doing anything and so I won't be doing anything." First and foremost you take care of you. Anyone else in the world is gravy.

And believe you me, any girl that can't love you with this, isn't worth loving you in the first place. Just keep in mind that happiness comes from inside first. Once you find that, even this can't stop your life from being happy. It just won't be the same sort of happy that you expected.

foxgrove

QuoteAnd believe you me, any girl that can't love you with this, isn't worth loving you in the first place. Just keep in mind that happiness comes from inside first. Once you find that, even this can't stop your life from being happy. It just won't be the same sort of happy that you expected.

:an good post: Well said Shadow!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

What Shadow said! A good woman is worth more than all the money in the world. True love endures

Ldspunk

Oi,
What up bro. Yeah killing yer self is kind of the pu$$ie way outta this. By your post you sound like you have enough pissyness to endure these trials. I too feel you desires at times, well a lot of the times but then I think about all the little kids dying of cancer or some f'ed up shite, and how bad it is for them and all they want is to live and how they fight fight fight.

With regards to the pain meds, it seems to me that some folk around here are very anti pain meds. My opinion and advise to you would be take what ever makes you feel better and gives you some sort of quality of life. If you can't function cause the pain is so damn bad, then what is wrong with taking a pill? Just don't be a duche and start abusing them. That's where the probs start. Trust me on that.

Try to get a grip on yer anger, it won't get you anywhere but feeling worse, honestly.

I understand your fears, but you will make it. All you have to do is not give up and keep fighting. I have been sick since yer age as well and I know it sucks, I just never new why I felt like shite all the time. U know why or at least partially know so you are a step in front of some. If yer feelin down message me anytime and well shot the shite.

You will get to a point where you feel better , at least sometimes, you will meet a woman, if you want you will have a family of your own someday. So chipper up, don't do anything stupid, suicide is permanent.

Late
-old punks don't die, they just cash in.

denny

I know its late wisemeat but i just wanted to tell you how happy i am to see you here,still!
I also got IT at your age.i wont lie and say it was easy but the truth is i been at suicides door too!
Im 60 now and i cant tell you how happy i am to be here.

Yeah it sucks but look at all the things in the universe that arnt you!so many increadably awsome things to lose yourself in!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Devilstompa

Im am 25 years old and have had fibromyalgia for almost 5 years now.
I am suffering very bad. And I have had a very very hard time. You can contact me anytime.
Devilstompa

looneylane

Wisemeat hasn't been active on the bard for over  year Devilstompa but thank you so much for being willing to step up like that.

Devilstompa

Quote from: looneylane on October 17, 2015, 10:47:12 PM
Wisemeat hasn't been active on the bard for over  year Devilstompa but thank you so much for being willing to step up like that.
Just hoping he was doing ok. It's very very hard to deal with this. Thank you for letting me know.
Devilstompa

foxgrove

You're a blessing DS!!  I kinda keep an eye on wisemeat without being too obvious.  The latest I've seen from him is that he's still studying at Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and still drumming.  I imagine that he's still struggling with his fibro but he seems to be continuing to rage against it... and from his most recent picture, winning!  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

mloved

Devilstompa - Wisemeat, like others, sometimes don't log in for extended periods, often still read the forum.  Does a person good when someone reaches out to them  :blue thumbs up:
Not my will, but Thy will be done

Imagine - John Lennon

Groundhog Day - the movie

Where the mind goes, the body will follow

Devilstompa

Quote from: foxgrove on October 18, 2015, 08:51:33 AM
You're a blessing DS!!  I kinda keep an eye on wisemeat without being too obvious.  The latest I've seen from him is that he's still studying at Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and still drumming.  I imagine that he's still struggling with his fibro but he seems to be continuing to rage against it... and from his most recent picture, winning!  :biggrin:
Thank You for the update.
Devilstompa

foxgrove

OOoo.. fabulous idea... send him a PM (private message).  PMs are almost always configured to send to the person's email.  That way he'll know that you were thinking about him.  I know it ALWAYS cheers me up to find that folks have been thinking about me and how I'm doing.  

Thanks for bringing it to mind DS and mloved!!  Way to go guys!!   :blue thumbs up:

Foxgrove

old boy

:biggrin:

wisemear96? havent seen any postings from you youngster.....give us  a shout dude.....n :hi:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk