News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

The Small Things

Started by Shadowyfox, April 06, 2014, 11:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowyfox

So, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I realized something, sittin here at work:

Being ill has made me appreciate the small things in life more than ever. The smell of the air after a rainstorm. The happy meow of a kitten. The flavors of a great meal or beverage. Talking to a chef of your favorite restaurant. Finding a piece of clothing you'd lost. Hearing an old song on the radio you haven't heard in years. Having a pain free day. Being told you're appreciated. To say, "I've got this" and not pay for it later.

To go see a play and not be in pain when getting up. To live to see another morning. To wake refreshed. To have a name to your problems and know its not going to kill you. To be able to say to people with illness that affects their daily life "I understand" and mean it. To be the one person anyone can turn to, that won't always have the answer but that can say that...

No matter what you face, you are ok. You're a real human being, with feelings, beliefs, hopes, and dreams, and no amount of illness ca ever invalidate even an ounce of your worth.

So I'm happy to appreciate the little things, even if the big things are just out of my grasp. For now.

looneylane

That is awesome I love the positives! Thanks Shadowyfox!

foxgrove

Well said Shadow..  :clapping:  That's the kind of things I try to concentrate on when the pain goes stupid.  It sure helps to get through the day when you see the larks instead of the bird poop isn't it.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DEL

Some people are so positive they never see poop-just natural fertilizer! :biggrin:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

looneylane

Some of us are full of fertilizer.. :insane: :insane:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk