News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Acetyl L-Carnitine - anybody had any side effects?

Started by edgarjavids, April 11, 2014, 07:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarjavids

Hi guys,

Started taking 500mg dose this morning and have felt completely wired. While it has given me a lot of energy which I have welcomed, it has also given me a headache and am worried that it will cause me to have a flare up later on in the evening...does your body become tolerant to it? My fibro fog has become slightly worse while on it as my mind is racing. Anybody with any experience using it, if you could let me know your experiences that would be great :)

Jav

foxgrove

Welcome to the family Edgar, :welcomeani:

I found this old post that might be able to help you somewhat in regards to Acetyl-L-Carnitine:  http://menwithfibro.com/community/index.php?topic=4145.0

While I don't know a whole lot about it, I do know headaches.  For today, it looks like you're just going to have to hang in there.  I hope and pray that it doesn't cause you to flare but there are never any guarantees when you try something new.  If you can handle the side effects, stick with it until you've given it a good run.  It's a balance thing.. side effects versus benefits.

In any case, glad you found us.  Best place for fibro folk anywhere... compassion without judgement, people who understand what you've been through and are glad to help you keep on going instead of running like most people.  So dig in.. there's tons of experience here for your perusal and scads of ideas free for the using.  We're just a bunch of sick folks taking time to make sure that other folks like us know they're not alone in this. 

So.. welcome home.  Glad you've opened the door, now come on in and make yourself at home.  Please feel free to drop a line in the welcome forum where others are more likely to see it.

Fox :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk