News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

bpd

Started by denny, August 21, 2014, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on August 22, 2014, 11:20:15 PM
That's crazy!!!  Glad she's gone though... what a nutty doc.  :insane:

You are not kidding. Now I'm the one that had a Dr.'s office call the cops on me, when the Dr. pissed me off (pardon my French, but there is no other way to say just how mad I was), when he tried to tell me I don't have fibro, because it doesn't exist, and besides only women can get it. You just don't know how hard it was for me to keep my mouth shut when she was talking. And then she had the audacity to ask me to agree with her on some of the stupid  :poop:, she said, I mean she actually made the comment "you know I'm right don't you", and "am I telling the truth or what". I managed to very calmly, quietly, and respectfully told her that she was not right, that she wasn't telling the truth, and if that's what she believed then she needed to go back to school. I don't know what kept me from losing it, and going off on her, screaming and throwing things at her, because I was looking around the office to see what I could pickup and throw. I also told her that I would humor her and do the biopsy, I had no idea not only how bad it would hurt for the first two weeks after (I was asleep for the procedure), but how big of a scar it would leave on my thigh, not that anyone sees my thigh anyway, it's just the principle of the thing. I thought they would make an incision, then cut out a piece of muscle, then stitch it up, and the muscle would grow back. Instead, they just cut out a piece of my leg, pulled it together as much as possible and stitched it up as good as possible considering the gap between that they were stitching. That "small incision", ended up leaving a scar about three inches long, and just under an inch wide (cm 7.6L X 2.5w), so you can imagine how big the cut really was. On top of that all we learned was that I have SFN in my legs at least, which matches some of the recent discoveries on fibro., but since the new Dr. didn't order the test, he has no interest in doing anything with the results. Then I had to explain the results (the best I could) to the Nurse Practitioner, at the Pain Clinic, because she didn't know how to read the results. This was just before the fibro researchers announced the results of the SFN findings, so I need to check and see if she has learned anything else that might help.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Three inches!!!  :yikes:  It's supposed to be a simple punch biopsy... leaves a hole about the size of the end of a pencil which hurts like the dickens and takes a stitch or two to close but it heals up in about a month or so... of course, if you pick your scars like me it takes longer to heal!!

I've heard of butchers like that... wow, talk about a bad doctor.  Loose cannon there!!  :insane:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

pneumonia vaccine can only be taken twice in a lifetime I am told.  Got my first one after I had pneumonia then the second a number of years later.

Maybe the 3 week doc was stealing drugs, or just off the wall treating everyone by how their face looked.   :giveup:

Many doc will agree with the SFN if pressed on the issue but they still want to go through all the routine blood tests, x-rays, etc. hoping to see something definitive.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: ronr on August 23, 2014, 09:59:54 AM
Maybe the 3 week doc was stealing drugs, or just off the wall treating everyone by how their face looked.   :giveup:

My guess is how she was treating people, or maybe NOT treating people, or just the fact that she was a real  :whistling:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

augoldminer

QuoteWhat do y'all think about my neurologist's opinion that FMS is just another name for SFN (small fiber neuropathy)?

I believe its the cause in a number of cases of fibro, But Not All.

In the long run its a plus if you do have SFN.
When you have to apply for disability you have something they can test for and prove you have. doctors can not say its all in your head.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

Peterpause

QuoteI believe its the cause in a number of cases of fibro, But Not All.
In the long run its a plus if you do have SFN.
When you have to apply for disability you have something they can test for and prove you have. doctors can not say its all in your head.

Hmm, interesting. I'm still trying to get a sense of whether a certain predisposition for fibro led to the neuropathy (i.e. whether chronic generalized pain and discomfort degraded the nerve fibers?), or whether the neuropathy caused the degradation of the pain receptors. I guess it's a chicken/egg question no one quite knows yet. But I find myself reflecting over my life, wondering how it all started.

denny

I dont need that test,persay
but im super curious.
I worry sometimes my dx is wrong.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

DAMN!!,
I could have put SFN on my lists for my last visit!

Im still curious!
But i forgot my question :sleep1:
Does it matter at all?

I see him again in two weeks.if i can come up with an alternet dx i may find a trearment that works. You CAN SEE how important this  would be for me...

Im going to review this thread to see what i missed.iim so dum now!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk