News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

It finally caused us a problem!

Started by looneylane, December 08, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I went to a council meeting last night and spoke with the mayor and the CAO about having a meeting with the mayor and council. They acted shocked about our situation even though I know for a fact they know much of our issues and needs. We may have a warm place for the truck soon as they know the media is coming to talk to me soon.

Robby

There you go Looney, hit them where it hurts, at the election. The one thing a politician is scared of, bad publicity.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Well not sure if the poop will hit the fan we were asked by the local tv station to do an update. I am pretty sure the district office will not be happy with being politely called out that we have offered to give them a quarter million dollar truck that will make money for the district if they would just find room at the fire hall for it.

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on December 17, 2014, 10:39:14 PM
Well not sure if the poop will hit the fan we were asked by the local tv station to do an update. I am pretty sure the district office will not be happy with being politely called out that we have offered to give them a quarter million dollar truck that will make money for the district if they would just find room at the fire hall for it.

Well, if your like me then you really don't care if they like it or not. I try to be nice for so long, and then I just embarrass the hell out of people.
/>----------

ronr

When enough people or at least an important person is directly effected by the lack of services is when the tide will make a sudden and dramatic turn.  It hurts that it has to come to that but the financial crunch puts pressure where it should not be.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Sad that it has to come down to this.  Those civic "leaders", aka bullies in nice suits, really need to give their heads a shake!

btw.. I thought your $250,000 truck was all busted up?  Were they able to put it back together already??  That's fabulous... now to deal with the stolen equipment!!  :insane:

Keepin you real close in prayer.  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

We got her put back together Fox!  :insane: One of our crew even went and got us a new heavy duty recip saw to replace the stolen one and the borrowed broken one. Waiting for the other shoe to drop sometime today after the interview. The facebook posts on the story are starting to light up. Sadly a former member who passed due to cancer's wife was devastated to hear about our situation as he was a huge fundraiser and trainer for our group but we seem to have hit an apathy level in the area. Until people need us they just do not seem to give a crap.  : :( :

DEL

Isn't that the truth-the public just assumes there will always be someone to respond. If the interview doesn't wake up the
politicos then unfortunately a tragedy probably will.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on December 18, 2014, 10:44:21 AM
but we seem to have hit an apathy level in the area. Until people need us they just do not seem to give a crap.  : :( :

I remember one fire we responded to about 1:00am one Januarary, it was so cold that the fire hoses had icicles on them. We managed to save about 1/4 th of the house, and as we were leaving the owner said that the part we saved, contained some things that could never be replaced, and was so happy we managed to save those items. About two weeks later we got a letter from the Circut clerks office this guy was suing us, the volunteer fire department, because his insurance company declared that it was only an 80% loss, and wouldn't pay out the full amount of the policy. So he wanted us disbanded, and wanted us to pay the remaining amount of his policy since it was our fault he didn't get a full payout, we should have never even shown up, because if we hadn't he would have gotten the full amount.

The judge threw the case out, and even fined the guys lawyer for filling a frivolous lawsuit.
/>----------

looneylane

Isn't that the truth! I saw in the news early this year some guy suing a rescue unit for taking to long to get to him during a statewide emergency. His lawyer should get disbarred and the idiot should have to not only pay all costs he should be forced to do cleanup at accident scenes eh would think twice I would hope but he would probably just sue again for ptsd

foxgrove

What a bunch of crap!!  SO glad that you got the truck back up and running but to even have to go to those lengths just boils me up inside.  Maybe all those not in favor of supplying what you need or arguing that y'all don't do enough should do cleanup on a few fatals and work a string of icestorms with faulty gear and then see how it feels!!  Bunch of morons... (I used stronger language but I don't want to scar anyone or embarrass myself  ;) )

Foxgrove

looneylane

CBC Radio is doing an interview with me Tuesday morning to try and get us some movement.

Tay

That sounds great.

Are you able to see the questions first, so you can really prepare yourself.

But wishing you the best and hopefully you can get the message across, which results in some action.

Cheers

Tay

foxgrove

Please let me know what station and region it will be broadcast in so I can record it if possible.  I'm so psyched to hear that!! 

Fabulous news!!!  :clapping:   Wave Crowd

Foxgrove

looneylane

I will try and update you it will most likely be CBC Kamloops Tuesday early

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk