News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Screwed by the State

Started by DEL, February 26, 2015, 11:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

Just got a letter from GA State Retirement...

Supposedly my benefit was figured wrong.

They say I owe them $8,000.

$250 will be taken out for 3 years to pay it.

The entire monthly total will be reduced $500 IN ADDITION to the "payback" to rectify the miscalculation.

That's $750 per month gone starting with tomorrow's payment.

Heating and air died. Just got a new unit for $5,000 rent to own.

I only thought I was through getting butt-raped by the state... :emorant: :emocurse: :emomad2: :emowall: :blowup: :emobadmod: chainsaw :rifle: :emobash: :emostretch: bsflag
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Robby

Oh, my God! DEL I am so sorry. Have you checked to see if there is any way you can fight this? I mean, I don't know about your plan or anything, but I just hope maybe you can do something.  :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

It hurts just to read the words.  That sucks so royally!!  We just hit something like that though it had nothing to do with backpay, just my son turning 18 and child supports going away... still leaves you with a massive hole in your budget doesn't it!!  Wow!!!

I'll be thinking of you while y'all think of a way to make things work.  Prayers.. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

DEL

I called the Retirement System and there is no way to fight it-the numbers were wrong from the prison's end
and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Basically my income has been cut in half.

I'm trying mightily not to be bitter about all of this but it just seems like my reward for becoming disabled in the line of duty
is for them to continue to try to destroy me. Between the Fibro and the PTSD my ability to rationally consider things is difficult
at best. If I had died on post the bastards probably would have picked my pockets before turning my body over to my family.

Sorry to be so glum-I'm still processing things and will hopefully improve my attitude in a few days.
Thanks for listening-I've got to get past my feeling of being a failure.

looneylane

:bighug: I got a bit of a shaft myself this year feeling for you!

Greg50

Del, I am very sorry to hear that. You shouldn't be punished for their mistakes. Could you appeal it. Here in Canada (Ontario) I am very lucky after hearing your story. Again, I am so sorry.  I feel terrible for you. Greg :emocurse:
Greg

Hollywood

Quote-I've got to get past my feeling of being a failure.
I know that feeling to well. Sorry Del that this happened..I'm just shaking my head as I read this...horrible.

QuoteWe just hit something like that though it had nothing to do with backpay, just my son turning 18 and child supports going away
our kids must be the same age...My son just turned 18 and bye bye to that check..But the bright side is He is my son and a great one...and that is Priceless.
Stephen Michael Dirse

wmoore

God works in mysterious ways....at least it gives a different spin on the big bend over. I'm sorry that your income has been halved. I had to cancel insurance on the car, that's not licenced either, because we can't afford to keep it going. This disease really makes you tighten your belt. We'll send some prayers your way, keep your chin up!

DEL

I appreciate the the thoughts and prayers.

Just got the Internet turned back on...it is definitely fun flipping back and forth on the bills. Hope everyone is doing well despite the Fibro
and whatever else seems to be kicking our collective asses.

foxgrove

Glad you're able to keep up with that bill..  Losing the internet for me is like locking me in the closet.  I mean.. the closet is nice and all but...  We're still kicking up here in the frozen north and still praying for you guys. :bighug:

Foxgrove

looneylane

Was able to negotiate a long term payment plan for our electricity and internet to keep them going it means I Know I am broke for the next year..... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

chris777

Man that's terrible.  Have you talked to a lawyer? Surely there is some way you can either extend the payments so its not such a kick in the gut or something.

foxgrove

Glad you're able to keep the lights and internet on.  It sucks when there's so much money heading out and so little coming back in.  Don't let the bills get you down.  Keeping you in my prayers brother and hoping that some of the lives you so carefully protect will randomly assist when the need comes.  :bighug:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk