News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

sin or son?

Started by old boy, February 27, 2015, 09:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I think it depends where and which group they attach to. Old school still can be seen using it

DatonK

Quote from: robby k on April 15, 2015, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: looneylane on April 15, 2015, 10:54:51 AM
Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans and Oriental orthodox use the sign of the cross as well so it isn't just a Catholic thing.

Ok, that's interesting, I had no idea. I have been in several different Methodists church services and never saw them cross themselves. So that's very interesting.

I am a Methodists and I know of one service that we all cross our self is the Covenant service each year around first few weeks in september. Plus the Minister always or should cross himself/herself before lifting the bread to be broken. We all cross at the welcoming of a new minister in two the area or a newly ordained minister. These are the times that you should see it there are other time I often will cross myself if I feel lead to after prayer. It is not done as much as in RC but it is done but often unseen by all. Unless you are looking for it then you may see it. I do know one minister that blesser with the cross at the end of the service and it make me feel the service has ended and god has moved into each one of us before leaving.

Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

looneylane

That is neat to know DatonK. I am an ordained protestant minister and still after twenty years getting to know more and more traditions of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

DatonK

Quote from: looneylane on June 06, 2015, 10:39:57 AM
That is neat to know DatonK. I am an ordained protestant minister and still after twenty years getting to know more and more traditions of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I never knew Baptised where protestant so I have learned something as well.  traditions are so funny at times and each methodist church does it there way and believe it is the way that the founder did it and a lot don't even look at the founder's book of rules. some are so funny like (a young female shall not be seated next to a young male unless he is of the same family. To seat next to a young male not of her family may make the male feel less godly and need to remove himself from worship. for need to lessen to pain in his gentlemen area.)   :insane: :yikes: Why didn't he just say if a young female sits next to a red hot blooded young man the said young man will get a hardon in the house of God and that wouldn't do. 

One I have broken is this (No person of this class shall take of the alcohol for each drop has been made by the tears of the devil burning in hell. To drink it will take you to his side.) I have and still at time drink alcohol as do many methodist.  At one time before you could even take up your place in a class/membership of the church you had to sign the pledge not to drink or gamble. Thankfully it was done away with before I joined my class group to becoming a member.

Another rule I have broken is this linked to the one before. ( no person of the methodist church in this said place shall make or serve alcohol to any other member knowing they are of the fellowship with the Methodist church. To do so is to place yourself upon the devils knee. More so any member working in a place where alcohol is sold and where other evil thing take place is sure to stain the soul of that person and they will spend their time in hell for sure.) well that me done for I worked in a pub and served many a good methodist and I am sure some other thing happend in the back room with the young ladies if you can call them that will the guys. I never saw it happen but was told often about it.

So if these rule are to be true I need to have a lot of prayer to forgive me.  Oh and the one about a young female sitting next to a young guy well I didn't run out but I couldn't stand for two hymns let say. She did thing to me back then a Look and wee kenny would be standing up saying I like you. and me thinking not know go back you sleep.  After the service she would ask me why I didn't stand up and I would say you did things to me that I don't think Ivy would of liked. Ivy was an old lady that was a widow of a Minister. She was one for rules and she never liked me and mandy sitting together unless a female steward sat with us. if no steward was available she would she with us and we would be a bit bad we would hold hands in prayer and hymns or give each other a kiss that would see steam coming out of her ears for sure. But I can tell you she was the first person I told in the church That on easter sunday I was going to pop the question in the service. She came so near to tears and gave me the biggest hug anybody could of given which meant so much to me as she never hugged and would say it so ungodly to do that what's wrong with taking hold of the person's hand that is normal.

She said does she know I said no I am doing it in full faith that I have read her right and God is wanting this. She said to me till that day I will still be the same but then my child I will change for you two will have changed. The day I was so worked up and Ivy took me to the side and said your be fine the ladies of the church are in on it and I am sure she will say yes If she don't she will have me to answer to. It was so well planned even better than I had hoped and she did say yes and Ivy did change and even told us that she and her husband where just like us she would see how far she could go with upsetting the old ladies she told us that her best one for pushing them to blow was her placing her hand on his leg near not on the groin but very near to it.

well that made me and mandy look like to sweet little choir members. What was nice the weekend we got married it was Ivy's turn to do the flowers and she did a lovely little table top arrangement in the colours of the wedding and it was placed on the side chapels table. I used the side chapel to pray on the day before taking my place at the back ready to work down to my piece of music. Which only my family and the minister knew was going to happen we had to door into the body of the church so my side was closed off so I didn't see mandy then The show started and everyone knew I was there as I welcomed them on the steps. But they all were thinking I had done a runner and looked at mandy's side waiting for her doors to open then my doors open and I walked in and took my place at the front waiting for mandy's side not knowing she was still not at the church. then her piece of music started and I turned and Ivy had the biggest smile as she looked at both of us on the special day. Mandy did make me happy and it was hard to stop wee  kenny from say hello.       
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk