News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Very odd sleep patterns, back pain upon wake.

Started by Gearhead4Life, March 21, 2015, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearhead4Life

For a few years now I've not had a normal sleep pattern due to my acid reflux disease. I go to bed at strange times, and wake up at even stranger ones. However.. now I'm noticing that sometimes i can't squeeze my right hand all the way upon waking up, and i get very sharp mid back pain. I've tried everything from different positions and pillows, etc. I don't snore, so it isn't sleep apnea. It often feels like i need more sleep then most people.

Is this related to a fibro flare possibly?

Robby

It sounds like what I get from time to time, "Positional Paralysis". Basically at some point you get in a bad position, and eventually your arm "goes to sleep", and it aggregates your back, then you move, and take the pressure off, then you wake up when the feelings starts to come back and starts to hurt. Isn't really anything serious from what I've been told, just annoying. Not a lot can be done for it, and yes, it can be fibro related, or not. From what I understand you would have the problem to some degree, but fibro is pouring gas on a fire, "it go BOOOOOOOOOOM".

But I have been known to be wrong. Well just that one time, and I really wasn't wrong so much as I thought I was wrong, but I wasn't.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

I can certainly get in touch with poor sleep!!  GERD at night stinks... have you tried an incline position yet... did it drive you nuts??  :biggrin:  The muscle and nerve thing is very familiar, most of the time it can be easily explained by having slept on it funny but occasionally, it's totally out of the blue.  Arm lying by my side and totally numb.  Not sure what causes it but it never lasts more than a half hour or so.  And yeah, I think Robby's nailed it by saying that you add fibro to the mix, whatever the batter is, and you've got a big Boooooooom!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Lonesome George

Because of GERD the head of my bed is six inches higher than the foot, and I sleep on 4-5 pillows at an angle closely approaching 45 deg.  Much less and I have acid flowing into my throat.  I also have center back (between the shoulder blades) and neck trouble.  I wake up many times with one or both of my arms asleep if sleeping on my back. If on one paticular side, or leaning my neck one way, one arm will be weak or numb. I can feel my left arm hurt, loose feeling or tingle, then move my nick and that pain or numbness will go away shortly.  It sounds like you have neck disk problems or center back disk problems.

If it persist get it checked out.  What I have may not be your problem.

Robby

I do have a problem a lot of days, where if I get stuck typing too long, holding my arms up to the keyboard will make them go numb, 9 out of 10 times it's the left, but the right isn't exactly free of the problem. Matter of fact in high school, I had to check out after typing class because of a muscle spasm in my right shoulder. Before I could drive the six Blocks to the Dr.s office, I had to pull over, lean out of the car and vomit the pain was so bad.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Greg50

I also have sleeping problems as well as GERD. I don't know where you are from but since last Christmas, I've been vaping medical marijuana and it has really helped with both my sleeping problems and with my GERD. So, if it is legal to use medical weed where you live, you should look into it. Cheers! Greg :great:
Greg

db

I blame my sleeping problems on my chronic myofascial pain.  It's easy to see this causing a whole range of problems while your sleeping.  All due to muscle trigger point being aggravated.  I only get something close to restorative sleep if I use a bunch of pillows to keep myself from moving around.  Something to think about....

db :giveup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk