News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

I am new

Started by Images, March 25, 2015, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Images

I have just been diagnosed as having fibro. After many years of physical troubles and such. I am beginning my journey and such with this.  To be honest I am feeling like a loser.

Gearhead4Life

Welcome images, i was also recently diagnosed not even a month ago so i know the feeling very well. Know that you are not alone in battling this disease.

jmanwithfm

Welcome Images.
You are not a loser. None of us are, but we know the feeling. We are just different. It takes awhile to adjust to it, but at least you have a diagnosis, which has much greater acceptance today than it did several years ago. It will be a journey learning to live with your limitations and finding out what helps. You will find lots of good advice and support here, but elsewhere as well. So best of luck in your journey!
Jon Miles

Robby

Ok, I'll try this again, I posted earlier but my post isn't there.

Welcome Images, we all feel like losers when we have fibro. However, we have to learn how to ignore those feelings and realize that it's the illness that makes us think that way. You've came to the right place, we all understand and can help you get past all the negative feelings, well at least for the most part. The rest you can live through.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Tay

Aaarrrrrgh!!!!!  You know how much I love you guys.........but

Would you feel the same if you had diabetes, or a frozen shoulder...NO!!!

So do not feel that you are a looser.

Life throws us some awful curve balls, and its how we deal with them that matters.  You can still talk, walk, listen, and function, and you wake up every morning.

(Sorry not trying to be hard).

Each day is a blessing and its about taking one step at a time, and one day at a time.  Be thankful for what you have.

Focus on what is important and what you can do.  (Glass half full, is way better than glass half empty)

If only I could give you all a big  hug (so this one will have to do)  :bighug:

Tay

ronr

Welcome Images !

A loser you are not !!!   More likely you are a type A personality of being a go-getter and and overachiever that has finally reached your personal threshold.  You found the best group of folks to help you through this rocky journey right here.  Feel free to ask anything because we have ages of experience with a subject we never wanted to know about.

Learn as much as you can about this so that you have all the weapons possible to fight it.  Fibro does not kill you but may make you wish it would at times.  It is a total readjustment to your life and you will find that you need to reinvent yourself.  Still the same person inside but with a new set of rules for pacing so that you do not make yourself worse.

Read this topic on the stages of grief and print it out so you can review it from time to time.  http://menwithfibro.com/community/index.php?topic=277.0

No matter what you are doing, start low and go slow with all activities that may cause you more grief.  There is plenty of grief in dealing with this anyway so don't add to it.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Welcome to the family Images, :welcomeani:

I understand your feelings... I've been there so many times.  Let me reassure you that you are certainly not a loser.  You are a hero for continuing on in spite of the pain and fatigue that you're facing.  

Hang with us crazies and you'll find yourself in good company... people who understand because we walk the same walk.  There's no pressure to be or do anything but yourself.  Stick around and make it your home too... you'll never regret it!

Fox :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk