News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Problems with 'Solar Flares'

Started by Robby, March 26, 2015, 06:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

The last few months have been unusually hard for me, as my pain level has been elevated more than normal, for longer than normal, and in a way I haven't experienced in about 10 years. But this last weeks has been the worst, I don't think my pain has dropped below a 7-7.5 in about 10 days. Then the last four days have been horrible. Back when I was about 10 y/o give or take a year or two, I didn't realize it at that time, but years later when looking back at photo's from that time, I noticed that in every one of those photo's, my head was leaned over to the right side. Then when I was about 15, and got my first pair of glasses, I realized that I was holding my head over to the side. I could use the frame of my glasses to line up with walls, ceilings, or cabinets to keep my head level. But when doing that, It was never long before my neck and right shoulder would go into a muscle spasm, and not only pull my head over, but pull my shoulder to meet it.

At 15 I had a muscle spasm bad enough that I got sick and threw up from the pain before I could drive 6 blocks to the dr's office.  (I think I mentioned this the other day, but I don't really remember). But that was something I dealt with my whole life until finally being diagnosed with fibro, at that time I started taking muscle relaxers, and that eased up those muscle spasms, and then I didn't fight it anymore, I did whatever was comfortable.

Until about 4 days ago, when my neck started up again. If you look at the blue circle below, if I press very lightly inside that circle, then where the black spot is on the back, it feels like a large stake being driven into my muscle, and if I don't let up almost immediately then I have a muscle spasm along the red line, that pulls my head as far over as it can go, then my shoulder comes up, until my ear is actually touching my shoulder, then after removing the pressure from the front, that will slowly relax and and then it's just sore for a couple hours. But, it hurts 24 hours a day, it's  just worse when putting the pressure on it.

Now to the title, I saw a news story on Facebook, about an increase in solar flare activity. This activity has supposedly made the aurora boraealis visiable as far south as the U.S./Canadian border.  So after some research I managed to track down a couple of articles about how the solar flares affect the  electrical grid, blowing transformers, burning lines in two from the increase in electricity, and how it affects such things as labor and delivery, and mental health problems. I looked at the time line, and figured out that this latest increase in my pain level correlated exactly with the flare activity reaching earth. However I could not locate any article that made a connection between the flares and chronic health/pain issues. This latest round of flares reached the earth starting on Tuesday 3/17/2015, how many of you can trace fibro problems back to this start date? I would like to get some people together and have the numbers to contact medical groups, or space scientist and see if we can get some research done on the possible connection.  
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

I've heard weirder theories and we know that solar flares can influence some things... mostly magnetic... our bodies are basically just large electro-chemical bags of mostly water...  Who knows??
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

You are not the first to make an association with solar flare related problems.  I will try to find any articles/info that I have saved related to that.  The aurora has been even farther south than just the US/Can. border.  I think central Kan. maybe.

In the meantime check out spaceweather.com for tons of info and links that can give you historical info as well as hours of awe about our relation to the solar system.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Good idea robby!
I kinda felt a truth in there,about solar flairs.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

tojo

Yeah I think we have discussed this in the past as I remember starting to track the solar activity and correlate it to the pain levels but that data went up in the smoke and flames as well. I will have to try and find the solar tracking site I was using and start the tracking again along with tracking the barometric pressure and pain levels.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Robby

Tojo when you find that site pass it along please
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

tojo

Will do for sure, it was a great site for tracking the sun
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

It wasn't associated with http://spaceweather.com/ was it?  I find that site to be a great resource for astronomical information.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk