News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

New approach or sleep apnea

Started by ronr, April 09, 2015, 09:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/future-of-health/wireless-devices?src=wnl_edit_specol&uac=116563AK#page=8

Hopefully this shows without having to log in.  It has a generator implanted in the chest with concealed wires leading to a device that eelivers "mild electrical impulses directed at airway muscles."

Many patients with sleep apnea aren't so keen on cumbersome, often uncomfortable continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines. As an alternative, last year the FDA approved a device called InspireĀ® (Inspire Medical Systems, Maple Grove, Minnesota) that improves upper airway patency during sleep. Here's how it works: A respiration sensor in the chest delivers a signal to an implanted generator, which in turn stimulates the hypoglossal nerve in between the end of expiration and the beginning of the next expiratory phase.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

Nope wont show without a password... : :( : : :( : : :( : : :( : : :( :

ronr

It won't let me save the picture either.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

This would be the device the article mentioned:

I also found a link to the company that makes it... https://www.inspiresleep.com/
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Looks interesting! I should tell my brother he has bad sleep apnea

Maxx

that looks like a whole heap of nope!

i have enough electric shocks from my nerves already, without wiring myself up to the mains. im quite happy with my cpap
I thought of a really witty signature, but it got lost in the fog...

DEL

I've used a CPAP for 20 years. This thing intrigues me...when I was in the hospital for blood clots they found that my heart rate
would drop extremely low when I slept. My Electrocardiologist said he wouldn't worry about it until it happened when I was
awake, so I didn't need a Pacemaker.

This is a Pacemaker for breathing. Not sure I like the idea of more surgery considering what I've gone through the last couple
of years with clots and Kidney Stones. Once I get back to my doctors and back on my meds for awhile I might look into it.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

foxgrove

I doubt you'd ever know it was there once it was in but recovering from the surgery... well, let's just put that one up on the shelf for now.  :yikes:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Yeah the recovery is always the bite for us fibro folk!

DatonK

I have to say if it stops me having to take my CPAP in and have to answer questions with nurse that don't understand why I use it. I would think about it.
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk