News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Attempt to return to the workforce

Started by Gearhead4Life, April 17, 2015, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearhead4Life

Hey guys, just asking for some simple prayers. I have an interview this morning with a retail chain, I've heard good things about the company and since it's a cashier position, there shouldn't be much my fibro symptoms can do to hold me back. I'm also talking to my doc today to see if there is anything i can do encase symptoms start getting bad while working. I routinely get weakness in my legs just from a simple walk, and I've nearly stumbled over and fallen a couple of times from the same weakness. It has been a scary ordeal, I'm taking some steps to make sure I'm eatting better and i usually carry Tylenol or other OTC medication on me if i get a pain flare. I'm seeking a light duty job overall and preferably full time until i can create a financial backbone for myself. I am not about to let this defeat me i am way to young to be dealing with this.

Robby

Good luck man, I hope you can pull it off. My first suggestion would be get some good shoes, the only thing I could wear the last 10-12 years I worked was Rockport, but they are hard to find and expensive. But get something with a good heel, if it doesn't lift your heel higher than the ball of your foot, you will have leg problems, especially if your having weakness already. Other than that just keep in mind the more you do, the more you push the worse you will be. So keep an eye on yourself, and don't be afraid to stop working if you need to. That isn't failure, that is having enough sense to know when enough is enough.  :smiley praying:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

crossfingers

Standing all day to be a cashier may be hard on the already weak legs but here's to hoping for the best with your interview.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

jmanwithfm

Hey gearhead,

Glad to see you give this a try. Just do your best. You may find ways to make it work. Best of luck to you.
Jon Miles

looneylane

foxgrove

Sorry for my late check in... certainly praying for you gearhead!!  It's great that you feel you'd be able to do this.  I really hope that you're able to make it work.  I'll second the vote on Rockports!!  they are truly the most comfortable shoes for workers who have to be on their feet all day.  All the security guards I know wear them and boy do they ever get mileage racked up!!  One of them was saying something like 12 miles of walking a day!!  :yikes:  so we know they're good.

Don't ever be ashamed to admit when it's become more than you can handle.  It's much better for everyone, yourself included, that you stop if you get to that point.  Continuing on will simply endanger your health further and is likely to cost you more in the end healthwise.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on April 18, 2015, 11:17:51 PM
  One of them was saying something like 12 miles of walking a day!!  :yikes:  so we know they're good.

When I was working I could buy shoes anywhere from the $10 Walmart special to the most expensive $200 Reebok, Nike, whatever, I got maybe 4 to 6 months usage and they would hurt my feet so bad I couldn't put them on and stand up without screaming in pain, Rockports, I would get a $ 1120-$140 pair and wear it for a year, year and a half if I pushed it. So they do last.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Gearhead4Life

Thank you everyone, I'll look into Rockports i have actually heard of them before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk