News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Newbie to the site.

Started by mkmale, May 19, 2015, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkmale

Hello all,
I've just joined the site and wanted to say hello.
I'm a 50 year old male from Milton Keynes in England. I was diagnosed with Fibro and CFS/ME in 2000. No longer able to work and live with the fun our friend Fibro gives us.
Look forward to learning my way around the site soon.

Maxx

Hi, welcome to the family. Until today I was the new boy. The guys here are a really great bunch and made me feel welcome and supported from the start.
If you have any questions they will get answered, just might take a while what with the fog and all. If you just need a chat then you are in the right place.

I'm sure the rest of the gang will be here soon for the official welcome committee, till then kick your shoes off and have a look round.
I thought of a really witty signature, but it got lost in the fog...

Barberian

Welcome! I'm sure others will do a better job of welcoming. I am currently fighting one hell of a flare.

Maxx

Quote from: Barberian on May 19, 2015, 11:42:45 AM
Welcome! I'm sure others will do a better job of welcoming. I am currently fighting one hell of a flare.
:bighug:

countryboy

Hey mkmale,

Glad that you found our site, but wish it was under different circumstances.  We are basically just a bunch of fellow fibro misfits that are trying to learn as we go.  Some of us have been here for many years and we always seem to learn from each other. 

We don't want to suggest that we know all there is to know about fibro or even how to treat the damned thing.  Everyone is different so some things help some of us but not all.  It is a hunt and peck kind of thing trying to find that exact mixture of things that gives us the best results to monitor our pain.  Seems like we find that right mixture and then wham, it all goes up in smoke so we have to start over.

If you look through our posts from the past, you will see that there isn't any topic that hasn't been discussed and cussed.  We try to help each other with suggestions, but mainly we are here to support each other.  I am sure that you will be able to find some answers to most any question that you have, but just remember that because we are all different, the answer you get may not be the one you are looking for or fits your needs.

Tell us a little about your journey with FM.  Do you know what might have caused it to raise it's ugly head?  What have you done to help yourself or what have the Drs. said about your condition.  What kinds of meds are you on and which ones did you try that did not work?  All these items helps us to know who we are dealing with and might give us some advice that might be useful.

Welcome to our corner of the world and hope that you can pull up a soft chair and join in on some of our posts.  Just remember that we are here to try and help each other through thick and thin.    :hi:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

jmanwithfm

Welcome mkmale.

Glad you found this site. I am 63 and my fibro began mildly in my early 20's. It has grown worse over the years, but I was able to work (paralegal desk work) until I retired recently, although just part time for the last 5 years.

There was a recent post your might find helpful. It is about balancing the use of pain medications with living with the pain and can be found in the Pain Control Forum with the "Medication Strategy" subject line.

This site was a wonderful discovery for me back in 2011. Hope it will be the same for you.

Take care.
Jon Miles

looneylane

Robby

Well, I posted a welcome earlier, but I guess I forget to click the post button or something, because it's not here. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the forums and getting to know you, just wish we didn't have to. Ask anything you want to, we will answer any question. Post anything (almost), we're a pretty laid back bunch, it doesn't even have to be about fibro. Make yourself at home, and read all you can, combined we have over 2500 years experience (that's a lie  :LOL: )
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Maxx

Quote from: robby k on May 19, 2015, 05:23:26 PM
combined we have over 2500 years experience

And on good days we can remember about half of it  ;)

Robby

/>----------

ronr

Welcome Mkmale !

Be sure to check out http://menwithfibro.com/community/index.php?board=38.0
Not that you are new but it will give you ideas and tools to help deal with this.  Learn your enemy well so that you are better able to combat all the fun it throws at you.

Believe us when we say we understand because of all the first hand experience we have.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: ronr on May 20, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
Learn your enemy well

Keep your enemies closer than friends. Hell with fibro who has room for friends  :rotfl:  buttkick

Quote from: ronrBelieve us when we say we understand because of all the first hand experience we have.

C'mon ron, we all know that if you live to 100, and learn everything that is "learnable" about fibro, ain't a person alive that can understand it.  :emowall:
/>----------

foxgrove

Welcome to the family mkmale, :welcomeani:

As you can tell, there are some of us that are sane and others that are... well... unique. :lmao:  No worries brother, you'll fit right in no matter what your flavor is.  You've come to the right place.  We're here for each other, to build each other up not to create boundaries and pick nits.  We're family... crazy uncles and weird cousins and all the trimmings included... but we're genuine!!  You don't have to pretend to be someone you aren't here or try to pass muster by agreeing with everyone or shmoozing up to just the right people.  Don't think we have any of the "right people"... they all "left"..  :lmao:

But seriously... (sorry.. not sure where this weird streak is coming from but let's go with it)... this is a good place to be where folks just plain understand.  We've walked many miles in your shoes and can often help to point out the not so obvious rocks and potholes in the road we're travelling.  Not saying we don't fall down... heck, that's how we learned where the potholes are, but we take care of our own.  We're here to pick each other up and encourage each other to continue on.

Fibro is not an easy lifestyle but we're not dead... there's lots of life yet to be lived.  We try to look at things as needing to happen at a slower pace... start low and go slow as one of our wise brothers used to comment.  It's all about finding the little ways in each day to move more freely and with less pain, finding the little joys we used to miss, seeing life through new eyes, learning that we can continue forward even when it seems the darkest and waiting patiently together for the days when the sun shines again.

So... pull up a comfy chair and sit awhile.  Enjoy the conversations and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  Ask the questions you think are dumb and you'll find that there are no dumb questions and you're not the only one who wondered that.  Dig deep and find yourself in the pages.  We'll keep the lights on for ya.

Fox :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on May 20, 2015, 05:52:10 PM
Don't think we have any of the "right people"... they all "left"..  :lmao:

That's what I say about my sanity

Quote from: foxgrove(sorry.. not sure where this weird streak is coming from but let's go with it)...
first, it's coming from the same place all your weirdness comes from, and you know good and well there ain't none of us that doesn't always go with it.          

Quote from: foxgroveWe've walked many miles in your shoes

AAANNDDD you don't want me in your shoes, you'll never get the smell out  :giveup: old-man/cane :emolaugh:            

Quote from: foxgrovebut we're not dead...

That's not what my wife says  :yikes: :yikes: :lmao: :lmao: buttkick

Quote from: foxgrovestart low and go slow

https://archive.org/details/War-LowRider

Quote from: foxgroveWe'll keep the lights on for ya.
I used to know a prostitute that said the same thing  :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: I'm going to get in trouble yet tonight  :rotfl: :lmao: :emolaugh:
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk