News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Handcrafted wooden pc case

Started by Robby, May 22, 2015, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

In another thread I mentioned I had made my own pc case. Brandon finally got the storage shed cleaned out enough that I could get in to the case (sort of), so here are the pics. I should have been able to do a much better, more ornate job, but this was after I went on disability, and for some reason I had to stop going to the wood shop, the sanders and routers and such put me in a flare like you wouldn't believe. Well, y'all would, but most people wouldn't

Here's the front, I made it tall for two reasons, I wanted to mount the motherboard, on the side up/down, and the psu, above the board, and I wanted it tall enough to set the monitor on top of the case.

Here's the side door, two thumb screws top/bottom, and the door comes off, didn't want to have to fight to get around it with it hanging open. Then I installed all sorts of lights inside to give a light show. If everything was actually mounted right, you wouldn't see any of that stuff, once the lights were on.

Here's the back (I had to reach through a basket shelf, and hope my phone was pointed the right direction because I couldn't see it LOL), this came off a florescent light, cut down to size, I planned on finding a new one, but never actually used the case, so why bother. I wanted to make sure there was enough air flow, not to mention this looks really cool under uv lights especially as big as it is. I did think about, just having a hole at the top, so the big fan would pull in a fast stream of air, and pull it down past everything, but eventually after reading a bunch of how too's that talked about making sure there was enough open area for heat to dissipate, went with this plan. It also gives me plenty of space to use bread ties and stuff to mount wires and lights to the back.  
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Nice work but how heavy is it?
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Maybe 8 lbs (3kg) It's not bad. I can pick it up, without hurting myself
/>----------

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on May 22, 2015, 01:39:38 PM
:clapping:  DIY forever!!!  :clapping:

I never got around to buying what I needed for this case, I was trying it out with some old stuff I had laying around, couldn't wait, which is why I made it, couldn't wait until I could get the guts. Then my desktop quit, and since I was (and still do) spend 80% of my day on the pc, and I needed to be able to go outside with Aaron, when we first got him, I decided to go with a laptop, and just didn't need it anymore. I guess I'll try to sell it.
/>----------

Barberian

Nice case. I wish I had proper shop space to work in.

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

If any of you computer nerds want to put the guts in it, it's yours and I'll even split the shipping charges with you.
/>----------

foxgrove

You're very kind.  Not sure if I'll ever scratch enough together to get it over the border much less enough to build another system, but thank you for the offer.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Right now it's just sitting in my storage shed collecting dust, I figure get it to someone that can enjoy it the way it was made to be. Knowing how tight everyone's money is, and how much shipping cost, I figure none of us could pay the entire shipping bill alone, so I'll do what I can.
/>----------

looneylane

Love the can do attitude of our group even when our bodies tell us "No you can"t!"

denny

I would just give it to goodwill.
God knows im not that guy,computers are a bad word for me.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk