News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Hyperbaric Treatments for Fibro Pain

Started by foxgrove, June 14, 2015, 12:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

BTW, before you read the text of this and get angry, like me, at the fact that only women were tested, please try to understand why.  I don't think they're trying to exclude us because they think we don't count, they're trying to get an even testing group and mixing the sexes potentially brings in to play a set of problems for the testers like differences in hormones and other body chemicals.  Why they don't do two sets of tests, on female, one male... well... money is the answer... they only have so much so they focus on the majority.  I believe that it's wrong to assume that men suffer this condition and respond to the same drugs as women but that is part of why we keep pushing for equal treatment.  That being said, there is no reason to think that the conclusions here may still hold relevance for us!!

[The researchers] theorized that fibromyalgia pain may be caused by abnormal conditions in pain-related areas of the brain and suggested that HBOT may be a potential treatment option. The researchers conducted a clinical trial involving 48 women diagnosed with fibromyalgia for at least two years, and found that all the patients showed improvements after two months of HBOT.

Dr. Efrati said more research is needed because HBOT aims to treat the "brain pathology responsible for the syndrome" versus providing symptomatic improvement.

"It means that brain repair, including neuronal regeneration, is possible even for chronic, long-lasting pain syndromes, and we can and should aim for that in any future development," Dr. Efrati said.

http://www.painmedicinenews.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ses=ogst&d=Web+Exclusive&d_id=244&i=June+2015&i_id=1198&a_id=32647
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

I have actually thought about this myself, in the past. I'm not  trained in HBOT, but after hearing results of it on so many other disorders/conditions/whatever, to me it just made sense to at least study it. So I'm glad someone finally did something, I don't care if they used men or not, if it works good enough for the women, men will be included later. 
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Would love to give it a try I think there is one in Saskatchewan that Firefighter use to treat after a bad fire xposure and it is used by alot of other patients

foxgrove

I have a close friend who is an 00334-05 Aero-Medical Technician so he works daily in and around the hyperbaric chambers.  Sadly, he moved back out to the east coast so I can't get him to sneak me on base for some tryout sessions.  :naughty:  Not that it would happen in real life but a guy can dream, right.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

Not approved treatment for FiBro according to the US insurance companies.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: ronr on June 15, 2015, 08:29:22 AM

But, technically opioids aren't either.
/>----------

Lonesome George

Quote from: robby k on June 15, 2015, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: ronr on June 15, 2015, 08:29:22 AM

But, technically opioids aren't either.

Nope they are not approved. About the only thing approved is the new, very expensive meds that usually don't work well and have some potential severe side effects, and they usually have to be taken on a schedule unstead of being able to take them when you need them. 

Not that the drug companies paid anyone off or anything to get approval (my opinion). The opioids and benzos that the goverment is going all crazy over are both out of patent and available in cheap generic forum.  Funny how that worked out.

Robby

I know this is an old thread, and normally I wouldn't bring it back up, but I did just find this article on this subject published 7/15/2015 on the National Pain Report website, and wanted to share with all of you.

http://nationalpainreport.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-for-fibromyalgia-8826845.html?utm_source=National+Pain+Report+Main&utm_campaign=2f003f3d9a-July_News_Recap7_31_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_24a851dde6-2f003f3d9a-290538445

I don't think this has been shared yet, but I could have forgotten it  :blush:
/>----------

db

I couldn't find any information about chronic Myofascial pain on the link from the last post.  It seems odd that it is not on a site devoted to pain management.   : :( :

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk