News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Finally a Vehicle thread

Started by Robby, June 19, 2015, 02:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barberian

Quote from: Robby on August 01, 2015, 07:54:39 PMbut it made for a very interesting race if you brakes did fail.

If your brakes fail, ur doing it wrong. Only exception is older trucks with no jake brake. I would NEVER take a truck without jake brakes into the mountains.

1. Precheck brakes before hills.
2. Go slow enough in a gear low enough that the jake brakes (braking by using engine exhaust) are sufficient to keep you slow.
3. Only use brakes for short duration(s). If you find your using your regular brakes, you are in too high of a gear. Slow down and if it's safe, gear down. Taking the truck out of gear to gear down can cause a wreck if you don't get it back in gear.

Robby

Quote from: Barberian on August 02, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: Robby on August 01, 2015, 07:54:39 PMbut it made for a very interesting race if you brakes did fail.

If your brakes fail, ur doing it wrong. Only exception is older trucks with no jake brake. I would NEVER take a truck without jake brakes into the mountains.

I don't remember exactly what happened to this guy, but seems like he ran over something and it slung up and cut a air line, disabling the brakes (although I want to say that would have locked the brakes, but I had a break line on a bus full of kids break and I lost my brakes. It was not fun trying to stop that bus full of kids in heavy traffic at a decent speed). But anyway it wasn't that he was riding the brakes, he never touched them, it was something he couldn't see when he did his inspection or something. There was a car cut him off, and when he stomped the brakes the pedal had pressure, then it didn't. This was in the mid-70's, and the emergency stop lanes weren't very common, he did manage to find a soft shoulder big enough to stop the truck without turning over. But it did cost him a decent repair bill from the state to fix the ruts where the truck sank in the soft soil.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Lonesome George

The doofus in the video has a 13 speed that every gear changed on one shifter with two buttons, and converted it to those stupid three sticks.  If he actually ever had to drive a real duplex or triplex he would be grinding gears and stopping every few feet because he got it hung between gears and had to stop to get it back in gear.

I started driving before most trucks had jake brakes.  In fact I never drove a truck with a jake brake  until I had been driving for 20 years, and that was just a part time gig.  I was at 27 years when I bought the Kenworth and finally had jakes on a truck I drove full time. 

looneylane

The one truck with no jake on our fire dept is the one that needs it most our water tender!  :insane: :insane: :insane:

foxgrove

Good grief!!!  :insane:  A water tender without a jake!!  :lmao:  IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!  :rotfl:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

I think that is why they try and stick me with it if it is needed at a call. I am the only one who drives it for its abilities.

looneylane

Pretty sure that was shot in Calgary I have seen it before?

foxgrove

I've seen it several times and it still scares the pants off me!  I mean.... this person has a license to drive????  Who gave it to them, the crackerjack box company??

Foxgrove

foxgrove

More on this... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-s-worst-driver-woman-gets-ticket-after-video-of-botched-backing-up-goes-viral-1.2864063

So sad though, all she got for this was a $115 fine... she got to retain her license... How, I'm not quite sure!

Foxgrove

looneylane

I know pretty nuts! How some ever got their licenses blows me away

Robby

/>----------

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on September 08, 2015, 10:07:58 AM
Link wouldn't work for me
Apparently the site is down, I guess because it isn't working for me now. If it's not working in just a little while, I'll repost a different link.
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk