News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Grocery Shopping?

Started by Hollywood, June 25, 2015, 03:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

A person came to the door,despite my no sales sign,and told me she wasnt selling anything they just wanted to save me money!
Common now,i wasnt born yesterday. Eventuly they will ask for money.
I told her i didnt want to partisipate and she ask why.whats holding me back? I told her i have parkinsons and she instantly backed off,offered her condolances and left.
I dont think fibro would have gotten the same responce.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Quote from: db on June 29, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
I use to be somewhat handy so it frustrates me to see someone struggle with things I know I can do.  I try to do less but it is not my nature if I have the energy.  The problem is, I don't most of the time.   :giveup:

db  :sleep1:

Boy do I know that feeling...  It makes me feel like I'm turning myself inside out holding back from grabbing the thing myself and doing it properly.  On occasion I have felt I had to and by that time I'll be seriously stressed out and it's much more likely that I will be obnoxious about it as I can't focus on being polite as well as functional.  It's just a really bad scene.  Sometimes it's just worth the pain to do it myself and pay for it later.  {sigh}  What's a guy to do??
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: db on June 29, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
I use to be somewhat handy so it frustrates me to see someone struggle with things I know I can do. 

For me that sentence would read "it frustrates me to see someone struggle with things I know I used to could do, but if I tried it now, I would just embarrass myself, because my mind just won't hold up."

One reason I'm as bad as I am is because of my size, as small as I am I was always told I wasn't big enough to do things, and being who I am, I had to prove them wrong. It always bothered me that I was made fun of, teased because of my size, so I had to prove I was just as much a man as the next guy. But I don't have a problem with telling/showing others I can't physically (it still bothers me  emotionally, but not to others). But to admit that mind is not 100%, really bothers me. I was always the smartest person in the room, not only did I have the highest IQ scores, but when it came to common sense I was the one that could always make things work when no one else could, and now to admit that my mind is less than it should be really hurts.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Gearhead4Life

It may be wise for you to switch to an online grocer for your food, that can deliver to your house. Wishing you guys the best. Generally i go light with shopping, if i need to get something heavy i ask for help. I have not had to use a store scooter yet, but i think about it sometimes. I do the majority of my non-food shoping online, unless the place is local and i have the spare energy. Food wise i generally will go out if i know what i am getting, i do it in light amounts.

Barberian

Quote from: Robby on June 29, 2015, 08:09:40 PM
, not only did I have the highest IQ scores, but when it came to common sense

Wow... You truly are blessed. IQ AND common sense. lol Usually you can find only one of those at a time in most people  :biggrin:

Robby

Isn't that the truth. I am not trying to brag, or make myself sound good, but that's how it was. At 10, my IQ tested at 120, at 17 it scored at 163. Then I was always the one to design and build whatever piece of redneck engineering to do, or fix whatever was at hand. Not to mention knowing when to do or not do things.   
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Wow My highest score was 152? We are surrounded by some pretty smart folks here?We should form a MENSA for Fibro group!! ??? but we would probably forget to show up!.. :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane:

old boy

old man w-cane

.      Frustration isn't the word for it,but it will do. I get tired just thinking about what I have to do and the new day leaves me bewildered as to what I did do, during the old day.  I think flu symptoms. Who wants to do anything when you are sick. Fibromyalgia is a sickness.  I would think,maybe my brain is protecting my body from pain ,operant conditioning / simply classical conditioning.  Work yields pain! Thus,avoid the work!

.   But even mental task take on a great burden. I don't want to even call to make a doctor appointment,because it is too much work. Depression is part of the fibromyalgia suffering,so much so,I think this is why I don't have energy to think or do anything physical.  Then people echo, oh my gosh,you're looking fantastic......what the heck.....if they could only see what it took for me to even get out of the house 🏠 today....

db

I'm sure I do more dumb things than I would have before this stuff.  But I probably have a hard time seeing it.  : :( :

I put a new screen door on the front door and my wife made a comment that "maybe my fix it days are over".   :emoablow:

What's a fella to do?   :insane:  I thought the end results was ok.   :emobadmod:

db

denny

We learn to re-evaluate our opinions on whats good and whats good enouth.
I half everything anymore.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

tojo

I get frustrated when I see people attempting to do things that I used to be to do. All I can do is offer advice if the fog is not too bad. Problem is they look at the man with the invisible illness and have no faith in him being able to do anything, let alone give them advice on how to fix it.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

db

Yes, I have had the issue of being ignored.   : :( : I just went with it at work for as long as I could. :emoablow:  I was totally capable of contributing but it was very tricky to find ways.   :emorant:  It was pretty rocky for many years but I finally got to a good place where I can be somewhat useful.  In some sense, I feel like I'm part of the 1% of the people who are able to do this.  I just hope it last a few more years so I can retire normally.  :smiley praying:

db   

denny

There IS an energy shortage in fibro land ya know!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Hollywood

old boy....you took the words right out of my mouth.

Robby....'we have that common thread in our lives.  Always having to be tough. You because of your size. I had to do it because I was raised by women. my mom, and sister, no father.

'so you can imagine i went to great lengths to prove i was tough...now its just foolish.

well all have to go grocery shopping again tommorrow wish us luck.  old man w-cane
Stephen Michael Dirse

denny

Good luck!
Wife is shopping right now.
I hate not being there...to look after my own interests. :)

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk