News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

ER this morning due to fibro weakness

Started by Gearhead4Life, June 29, 2015, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearhead4Life

I'm thinking i might need to switch docs. I love my doc but hes not only hard to see, this is the 3rd time i have gone to the hospital because of fibro weakness and dizzyness. I told em no -insert bunches of bad words- IV because i hate getting my blood drawn at the hospital. Luckily, all they preformed on me was an EKG which turned out to be fine. I gradually felt better, but i am so freakin sick of being in the hospital. I'm sure all you guys have been there. I was forced to leave work early because of how tired i was. Starting to wonder if maybe disability leave might be the best route with the way the fibro is progressing.

Robby

My fatigue has gotten so bad that I have literally fallen asleep standing up. I have fallen asleep walking. When that fatigue hits me, I am totally unable to stay awake. If yours is getting that bad, you might want to really look at that.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

That's hard news, Gearhead!  I think you may be right about using disability leave to get through this part.  Get your doc to do the blood draw as you really need to know if there was a reversible condition that caused your fatigue.  Yeah... getting in to see a doc is like catching the tooth fairy but still... it would be good if you could.  I know you'll have heard this a thousand times already but do make sure you keep up your water intake as the body lives and works on water and really doesn't when it run's even a little low.

Keepin you in my thoughts and prayers. :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Gearhead4Life

Quote from: Robby on June 29, 2015, 06:07:10 PM
My fatigue has gotten so bad that I have literally fallen asleep standing up. I have fallen asleep walking. When that fatigue hits me, I am totally unable to stay awake. If yours is getting that bad, you might want to really look at that.

It is not quite that bad, caffeine helps lol. Though there are days it doesn't and i just feel like shit. I am worried about the rate it is progressing, but i am doing my best to live my life as much as my body will allow.

Lonesome George

Didn't you once say you were on Lyrica? Any meds you on that may be interacting or just making things worse? There have been several times through the years back when I was able to work that I had to take up to 6 months at a time off because of extreme fatigue, and it definitely wasn't med related because I wasn't taking anything for the fibro then except the regular Tylenol, Advil and Excedrin Miagraine when I really needed them.  Luckily I was working for myself at the time in an occupation that I could take time off.

countryboy

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Maxx

Since getting fibro I have realised there is a difference between tiredness and fatigue. Let me explain. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a couple of years ago whilst attending hospital for a different condition. Once I got on my cpap machine and started getting good sleep, I felt way better, I was suffering with chronic tiredness, I could fall asleep anywhere.

The fatigue I feel with fibro is not feeling like I'm ready to fall asleep, but having no energy left. Things like needing to take a break mid shower. Not shaving because it would waste energy I need later. Having to stop before I fall over when pulling a few weeds in the veg patch.

It doesn't sound like it, judging by you need for the ER, but have you discussed sleep apnea with your Dr?
I thought of a really witty signature, but it got lost in the fog...

db

My fatigue doesn't make me want to sleep, just want to lay down.  However, when I was commuting to work, I would always need to sleep early.  I was just too exhausted.   :sleep1:
I think it has something to do with how well you can control what you do.  If you have to do more than you feel you can, you are asking for trouble.   :emocrazy:

db

Maxx

Quote from: db on June 30, 2015, 01:37:14 PM
I think it has something to do with how well you can control what you do.  If you have to do more than you feel you can, you are asking for trouble.   :emocrazy:

Yep, I know exactly where you are coming from with that.

I'm fighting off a viral chest infection, which is aggravating my asthma and the heat here is sapping any energy I had left.

tojo

Hey Maxx have you looked into sleep apnea. I know when I can use my cpap machine it makes a big difference.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Maxx

Tojo,

I have mild sleep apnea, so have a cpap.

tojo

I hate to ask but do you use it? I know they say that 75% of cpap owners do not use their machines. I am not using mine currently but that is due to dental issues.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

augoldminer

If i set down on the floor i can not stand up unless i have some thing to climb up because my legs will not lift me from the floor on there own.

I have all the symptoms of what they call 'post sarcoidosis fatigue syndrome"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8134708
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

Hollywood

Hello GearHead.... I've had Fibro AND cfids = chronic fatigue syndrome. I always include cfids when seeing someone new, like a doctor.

you have recieved some very good replies so far.

I'm sorry I don't know how long you have had this? the Fibro and cfids.  I have noticed on here that i don't think some of the people on here have cfids, they have fibro for sure and the pain that comes with it. But the replies sometimes make me wonder.

Like Fibro ,,,cfids has different severitys.  Some people get worn out fast. Some people can push thru it.

I will share my experience....when i am having a flareup of cfids. I don't know what's worse the pain or cfids.

because my cfids ,,,is like what happened a few days ago. And this freaks me out because how would i help my wife and son 

I see one thing you have a job. That's fantastic. if you get to the point of where you just can't work, I would definetly try for disability. that's what i'm on now. And it took a long long time to get it. because i'm very stubborn and could not accept that i would not be able to work.

I can understand you going to the ER. because you don't want to die, but it feels like you are. And then all the test come back fine, which is another blow to your self esteem because I bet you would actually wish they would find something so it could be treated. and you don't have to explain yourself to everyone.....because they say "but you look fine"..

my cfids is like the other day, for one i am always tired. But i've learned to live with it and do alot .

except like a few days ago. I was laying down watching Tv and I became out of nowhere extremely exhausted. I felt like my arms weighed 100lbs each. I could barely pick up my cup to take a drink. It's not normal.

Chonic Fatigue can be devastating. Even if you managed to sleep all night you wake up just as tired if not more than when you went to sleep. It's horrible.

I would get as many test and things done, to rule out anything else. I am no doctor. I am not telling you what you should do or look forward too.

I can tell you it's WAY diffrent from being tired. It is total exhaustion. for me. I can be exhausted and still not be able to sleep. hoped this helped.
Stephen
Stephen Michael Dirse

denny

Sorry im late.
I have tracks on my arms from hospital blood drawing ritual.i ddont really enjoy,it just is what it is.
Sorry about your fatigue.
I remember when mine started,i thought i was dying!
Hopeing you get a break soon,i could use one myself.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk