News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Medical Marijuana: Is it Right for Fibromyalgia

Started by countryboy, July 06, 2015, 01:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryboy

Once again I have been invited by the Oregon Hospital of Science University to attend another 'Fibromyalgia Quarterly Town Hall' seminar.  This one is 'Medical Marijuana:  Is it Right for Fibromyalgia'?  This is the second  Fibromyalgia Quarterly Town Hall meeting this year.

Their email states:  Is it helpful?  Is it safe? What does research tell us?  What feedback are FM patients giving to their providers?  The panel of experts will debate the pros and cons of marijuana and it's derivatives as a treatment for FM.  There will be time for questions and answers.  It will be held at OHSU School of Nursing in Portland Oregon.  This is part of the main hospital.    

The Panelists Are:
--Ginevra Liptan, MD, The New FRIDA Center of Lake Oswego, Or.
--Carrie Schreibman, FNP, OHSU Rheumatology Clinic & Family Practice
--Two Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owners
--MODERATOR:  Kim Jones PhD, FNP, OHSU FM Researcher, FIF President.

Dr. Jones has had 2 papers published on Chronic pain and Fibromyalgia.

I attended a seminar that she was a panelist on about 3 years ago.  She is very bright and works hand in hand with Dr. Robert Bennett.  Dr. Bennett has ran the research department on chronic pain and FM at the University Hospital for the
last 20 years and is trying to retire.  He has lectured all over the US and Europe.  Dr. Jones is very knowledgeable about chronic pain and FM and she is very easy to talk to.  I did a phone survey with her in 2011 that lasted over 50 minutes and she was very polite and well informed.

I won't be able to be there as I am having further cancer studies done, that weekend, but I have emailed the committee to see if I can get a tape of the session or a copy of the material presented and discussed.

I will let you know what I hear back from the good Dr.  I only received the invitation last Thursday and it is scheduled  for Sunday July 12.  

As of July 1st Marijuana is legal in Oregon as long as you don't try to sell it.  Dispensaries other than Medical dispensaries probably won't be open before October 30, so we are told.  It is being handled the same as any other substance abuse by the police departments.  Lots of questions to get answered yet.  An individual can have up to 1 oz. on his possession and up to 8 oz. in his household.  Now, that doesn't say if the household amount is for one person or for each person, but I will say that it will be per household.   :dunno:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

That will be interesting to see their input on this controversial subject since they go about things with a professional research approach.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Thanks for the info CB.
I can hardly believe its controversal anymore.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk