News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

saving on pot

Started by denny, July 24, 2015, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

one thing we can all agree on is that pot is expencive!
Now this might be a no brainer to everyone but me,but i learned a few things about conserving my pot and i thought id share...plus i feel bad and im trying to occupy myself. :)

First off,if you havnt smoked yet be sure to vape first. If you smoke youll just be disappointed with the vaporizer. If you start on a vape chances are youll do fine with it.
If you grind your pot it makes for a nicer smoke but it burns like wildfire so tamp it down good but not so good you cant draw on it.it takes pratice.

Now dont set your bowl(pipe load)on fire!
Just lite the very edge and dont fill your lungs with smoke.when you do you blow out over 90% of what you just inhailed without useing it.just take in a little,your lungs will use as much as if they were full.
Its a waste of pot!

After your "hit" ;i do not recommend placeing your bic lighter over your bowl to put it out like i do! Use a tamping tool or a small sttone with a flat side.
Im just saying,dont let your pot burn away while you savor your last hit.

One last thing.if your dispensery sells oils a drop on top your weed will strech the longivity of your bowl.
Dont lite the oil,instead use your lighter to heat it,melting it over and thru the weed.
Then smoke normaly.

Oils are a slightly different feeling but satisfying none the less.
Just watch the pure stuff,itlll knock you for a loop. Usualy its mixed with coconut oil.

Good luck and happy tokin!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

I hesitate to write this part.but if your really hurting and theres nothing else you can scrape the resin build up in the bowl and smoke that.
Its heavily laced with carbon so its most likely terrible for your lungs,but if its nessiary it can be done.

So how can i know if this stuff is helpful and not the ramblings of a bored and demented fibroknight?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

Also,its a drag smoking burnt pot to get to the weed on the bottom.start with a half bowl

Ok i give up :giveup:
Just dont smoke,its nasty and it kills you!
Use a vape or better yet eat it!

Sheesh! Try to help out around here Beat dead horse

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

Good posts
Terrible posts
Kiss my ass
Go to hell
These are all replies that would have set my mind at ease. A starting point as to weather or not i was understood.

So...just FYI.
Problem huh?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Barberian

Well, I haven't been around as much lately. And I've cut back on posting.

I also haven't smoked since '88, and I'm not up on the vaporizers so, have no advice or comments on them.

I'd love to try a high CBD pot for pain, anxiety and my PTSD, but currently it's still against the federal law, and as a military retiree, my benefits come from the fed. Many have said the gov gave up on prosecuting for pot, but until I see it in black and white from the gov, I'll just wait (most likely).

You have had 413 views for this thread, so I'd say people are interested in reading it, but may have reasons for not posting (like that grandma in Florida that was raided after being on TV). What you said makes sense, and I'll keep it in mind if I start up again.

Robby

Denny, I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies, and I can't speak for anyone but myself, I haven't responded because I have nothing to add. I'm not able to smoke, and until the last year I never wanted too. I did enjoy reading the ideas you gave, and if I ever get the chance I will try some of them.

Now, one thing I do want to say is, I really can understand how you feel, but you can't take it personal when you don't get replies, it's not just you. Everyone here post things on a regular basis without getting replies. Just go look at all of my post in the humor section, I actually get a response on about 40% or less of my post. I have to constantly remind myself that it's not personal, because I will post something and then sign back on the next day expecting to find at least 50 or so replies, and there are none. Then again, I post things as an after thought never expecting to hear anything, except maybe how it seemed dumb, but I get 30-40 saying how good it is, you just never know what other people will respond to.

Man, we do love you, and we do value everything you have to say. Don't forget that.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

I don't smoke pot all I can do is sympathize with as a struggle over medicine.  :bighug: :bighug:

Lonesome George

I'm just reading and storing up information for if I ever try my first pot.  Never smoked any, ever.  Illegial in my state also.  However, I would like to try some to see how it works.  I did hear from someone recently that 1/4 ounce was going between $100.00 and $125.00.  I don't know how much pot 1/4oz is, but it can't be much.  I can't afford anything that expensive.

foxgrove

Wish I had some experience I could offer you... I figured best I could do was sit back, keep my mouth closed, and listen and learn as best I could.  Nobody seems to have taken any offense to your post.. I know I didn't.  I wish there had been some other ideas but I guess we need some more practical experience and lots and lots of testing, huh.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

Thanks guys.
I know very well we dont get replies to everything we post. Its not a logical problem but an emotional problem.

Its just that it kept nagging at me. ya know? I was thinkingsomeone with tons of expirence would think i was stupid.
Stupid huh?
I cant help it.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Quote from: denny on September 21, 2015, 09:12:17 AM
Its not a logical problem but an emotional problem.

I have the same problem, that's why I said what I said. We all know and understand, that's the reason I took the vacation because I knew how emotional I was about to get, just kick my ass every now and then and we'll be even.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

lots of pratice indeed! :biggrin:
LG we have a "caregiver"/dealer who delivers and weve become friends of a sort.we tip big because it means so much her bringing it to my house and all.

She ask $65 for a quarter of middle shelf  quality and lets us have it for $50...she says.

I try not to spend more that $150 per mounth and that leaves me short by about a week.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

Shake is the term used for the
leaves and parts that fall off when processing the bud.
You can get some good shake for $35-$40 a quarter or less.
Theres also middle shelf and low shelf quality which are less expencive.

The quality is judged by the THC content At this place.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

While we're on the subject, I did come across something interesting on my journeys through the internet.  Apparently, if you vape, it is possible to reuse your vapings by combining them together and cooking out the useable product from them in butter.  Basically, getting everything out of them that's useable.  At the prices I've seen charged, it might be well worth the effort. 

I read of a few other folks who simply grind it finer and reuse it in the vaporizer... you'd have to have a really good idea what your correct dosage feels like for that to work, though!  A newbie wouldn't have a clue if they'd gotten enough.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Lonesome George

I don't know what's going on with the price around here.  Two people told me a couple months ago $100.00 for 1/4oz, and one person said over the weekend that some were now charging $125.00.

I guess I'm have to stick with my pills and booze.  I can usually get by on $50.00-$70.00 for the whole month between the two.  Hard enough to afford that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk