News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Whole body zaps when I need to urniate

Started by Maxx, July 26, 2015, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Firstly let me apologise for anyone who is eating dinner / lunch whilst reading the forum for this indelicate post. But what on earth are you doing eating when reading symptoms for a disease?  old-man/cane

I've had plenty of urinary tract infections to know this isn't the cause, and the pain has nothing to do with the 'plumbing' being faulty.

When I need to pee, and due to circumstances beyond my control, and I have let it build up for a while or the first pee of the day, the feeling of a very full bladder sends electric shock like zaps throughout my whole body. The pain is transitory and only lasts as long as the zaps, and goes when I have emptied my bladder. There is no pain during urination and no change in the frequency or volume of fluid. I've read the many side effects of my meds and they don't seem to be the cause, also I've changed most of them and the problem is still there.

I only come to mention it as I'm compiling an up to date symptom list for my first visit to the pain clinic and I realised that this was still happening. As holding off going is not something I routinely do, it kinda went unnoticed, so I experimented today and both times I held off, the zaps showed up.

Anyone else get this or is this just another weird thing to chalk up to my body's reaction to this fibro mess?
I thought of a really witty signature, but it got lost in the fog...

Barberian

Only thing for me that is close to weird is an intense not quite electric feeling of not "pleasure" or pain, but just intensity in the whole region, centered on the obvious. All the nerves going off and saying "hi, remember us"? It's different than when I was younger just needing to go pee. More intense, more wide spread, more like the feeling of being on an SRI, SSRI, or SNRI with, our without the medication.

I do have difficulty at times telling if I need to pee or not, and how badly I need to if I do until "the moment". I have a spastic bladder at times that doesn't give me more than a few seconds notice at times. Fullness doesn't matter. I've run to the bathroom and said "That's it? I ran in here for that'? I'm not sure if it is a chemistry, Ph, or medicine issue. I don't have trouble emptying once started (no prostate issues). I've even kept empty pee bottles next to my computer chair and in my vehicle for "emergencies". I'm trying my best to stop using them if possible, because to be honest I was starting to use them for "urgent" also, not just emergencies. Being in bad pain, it's hard to be motivated to experience even more pain to get up and go pee is the excuse I was trying to justify my actions.

Does that make any sense?

denny

It does get intence while urinating but no,no shocks from a full bladder.
I do get shocks in various places at times.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

I'm wondering if a full bladder is pressing on your lumbosacral plexus, a bundle of nerves that attach to your lower spine.  Excess pressure on those nerves could send pain to numerous areas of your body... likely feeling like the shocks are bodywide.  I had a heck of a time actually figuring out where my arm shocks were coming from.  For the longest time I thought it was all over but with lots of experimentation, I was able to track it down to pinched nerves in my shoulder.

What has your doctor said about it so far?  Do let them know as it might be something that a rheumatologist or neurologist would want to look at.  Of course, you only get the sensation when you hold it so...  What's that old remedy... of yeah, "Don't do that!!"  :biggrin:  Just kidding... talk to your doctor.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

When i pee i get a strong ...tingleing?sensation. It spreads up my chest and down to my fingers and toes.
Not real trumatic but kind of unnerving.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

If I hold back to go I end up in agony.... : :( :

foxgrove

So.. do you get the kidney punishment too?  Yup... count me in on disliking having a full bladder!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

I once had to hold it for hours fighting a house fire. I finally found an out of the way corner and started peeing into a field out of sight of everyone and it felt like my insides were being ripped out! I think the horse was just surprised at how long it took me to pee..... :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

denny

Cant hold it very well anymore.
It begins as urgent and goes to...coming out! Yes i can run!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Maxx

Fox the lumbosacral plexus thing might have some merit. The disk between L4/5 is the one I exploded and it still gives me problems, so that might be the root. I wonder if it could send shocks back up the nerves? I'm seeing the pain doc on Friday, will bring it up.

Once the bladder is empty the shocks stop, my kidneys don't join in and it seems like there are no further repercussions for it. I haven't mentioned it to my docs yet, as it is very infrequent. It's only stuck in my mind as I'm compiling an up to date symptom list and it happened late last week again. I just wondered if it was just me.

Thanks for the replies though, they have given me some places to start researching from.
I thought of a really witty signature, but it got lost in the fog...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk