News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Education may relieve chronic pain

Started by countryboy, August 16, 2015, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

I know what they're trying to say and "it's in our head" is both technically correct and brutally ignorant because what it is so honestly interpreted to mean is that our pain is irrelevant.  To those who believe that statement, I have some serious issues and a big ass boot I'd like to shove up their.... but as I was saying... who cares where the pain is located... IT'S FREAKIN REAL!!!

As to HOW to deal with the pain... pain education does give tools to help get through the pain but sadly, it doesn't do squat to reduce fibro pain.  I mean, even if I use the therapy guide rolled up to massage my legs, I'm still only going to deal with the added pain that the chronic pain is causing.  Some of these writers need to go back to etiquette school and learn that dissing folks in chronic pain is a good way to get lots of people hating your name!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

All pain is in our head the issue is whether there is a biological/physical reason for the pain and to my understanding of the research out there now it is because of a physical condition not a psychological one. There is nothing wrong if it was though! it is just a way of shaming the patient for being in pain that the Dr's cannot fix! Blame and shame the patient

ronr

The old -- We don't know what it is, we can't find any proof of what is causing it, so it must be imaginary because it's invisible.

Insurance companies and the government wanting to control ALL pain pills because of the abuse scandal.

Who will suffer if they cut back on distribution of these meds, not them.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

That makes me reluctant to get off morphine,i may never get it back!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

There are days where I miss the relief Morphine gave me but going through withdrawal once was more than enough to convince me to stay off if I can.

denny

I think id do better if,after im off,i just take imediate release tabs as needed. Not slow release every single day!
Thats when you get dependant.imho.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Dependence is all part of the package with chronic pain.  I can see some real traps in what you're saying but I can also understand why you say it.

Going with less meds would be fabulous but it's not practical for all.  Being able to avoid dependence means being able to do without for more than half the time, something again, not possible for all.  The reason for slow release meds is to avoid the peaks and valleys of the regular meds... The danger of the peak and valley is that often folks get to love the high and hate the low and start taking more frequently to maintain that better feeling.  That leads to medication abuse which can get you busted off meds if your doc finds out.  Plus, there's the danger of addiction when you start to abuse meds.  Just sayin...

I hope things work out for you going with as needed.  You know you're always in my prayers bro.  :budy:

Foxgrove

denny

Thanks fox!
I know what your saying.
It probably just seems like it would be better because im now on slow release.
Im just real tired of it all.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

I know they were concerned about my use of fast acting for breakthrough pain the truth is even if I was on slow release I would still need the fast acting to control the flares. The slow release made things more bearable but the fast acting was the only thing that helped with the constant pain flares that overwhelmed. To me what is the use of slow release if it cannot corral the pain for the whole day why even take it? So I live with the constant pain and endure the flares as best as possible. It isn't fun but the choices are limited as they kept trying to cut my breakthrough relief so it was just easier to stop all together at least for now. :emobadmod:

foxgrove

Dang brother... it sounds like your slow release dose was too low to properly control your pain.  I have to admit that mine is way too low to properly deal with my pain but more just wasn't possible.  It makes for some seriously long days, I'll tell you!

I have found having a slow release for the basic pain and a fast acting med for the flares has been beneficial, though I mainly just gut my way through them instead of taking the breakthrough meds... it's a hard thing to figure when to take them when your pain never drops below a 7... it's generally a stupid move which I regret until the fast acting agent has had time to kink in and once I'm done kicking myself.  :insane:  Its a pity I'm so bad at following my own advice, huh.  :blush:

Foxgrove

looneylane

We usually are the worst at taking our own advice

DEL

I'm still alive (I know because I'm still paying bills) so that means I'm already dealing with pain even without help

from a government agency....

I already got brainwashed once and spent 17 years dealing with criminals-I wish to avoid a similar experience, especially

if it does nothing to decrease my pain.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

denny

I have no doutb i could control fast acting meds. Getting them to see that is a different story.
This one little thing gives them too much control over my life.
Just another reason to find another way.
If only...

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk