News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Quell

Started by Bob, August 19, 2015, 01:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello All!

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this:

"Quell, wearable pain relief technology
Quell is 100% drug free, wearable pain relief technology that is designed to live with you day or night."

I guess it is a stronger version of a "TENS" device. You wear this around your calve.  the idea is that because it is stronger than a TENS the relief you experience is all over your body and not just in the area in which you have the device.  the stimulation you receive causes your brain to produce more of it's own pain relieving chems that your body enjoys.

Here is the link:  https://store.quellrelief.com/?gclid=CIzk1__vtccCFdgOgQodsskIZw

Thx and have a Good Day!

Bob

denny

I can just feel my calves tighten up at the thought of this thing.
Could take your leg out from under you.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

Wouldn't mind trying it! Should see if my doc will prescribe it for me through worksafe?

foxgrove

Considering that the intent of this device is to use TENS (sending pulses of electricity through the skin to stimulate the nerves) on your calf in order to get the body to start creating it's own pain relievers, I guess it will have some effect.  My worry is that folks will think that this'll replace stronger meds like codeine, morphine, or fentanyl.  My guess is that it'll likely be more like taking an aspirin than anything stronger.  For some folks, that'll be all they need.  That's not likely to be the case with fibro.

I think I'll keep my $250USD (what is that in Canadian now... $700 or something??) and buy a $5 yo-yo to distract myself some more.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Bob

I have to agree with you, Fox.  I guess I was thinking of it as an additional tool.  Even though I take some rather powerful pain meds they still don't address all of my pain. Of course, someone else would have to pay the , rather pricey, bill.!!

looneylane

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Fox you slay me!

ronr

Don't forget the $30 USD a month for replacement pads.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

rvsw

Just to add to this thread, I had used well and it did not do anything for me. So I returned it after 30 days and got a refund. I was very hopeful that it will reduce a little bit at least because the tens unit that I have works well for me sometimes.

augoldminer

Quotethe stimulation you receive causes your brain to produce more of it's own pain relieving chems that your body enjoys.

I use two tens unit that have 4 pads each.

For me over time they do relive the pain over time, YEAR or more of use.

I don't go with the case that endorphins are pain reliving in fibro.

I believe its more that the tens unit reboots the nerves over time 
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk