News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Patient With Life-Threatening Angioedema Responds Favorably To Inhaled Cannabis

Started by ronr, August 21, 2015, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

I know these folks are partial to reporting the good news but this is impressive and I know they are REALLY doing some good research in Israel from what I have heard.

http://norml.org/news/2015/08/20/case-report-patient-with-life-threatening-angioedema-responds-favorably-to-inhaled-cannabis

Thursday, 20 August 2015

Beersheba, Israel: Inhaling cannabis is associated with the remission of refractory idiopathic angioedema, according to a clinical report published in the journal Case Reports in Immunology. Angioedema is a condition characterized by rapid swelling under the skin in regions around the face and throat, which may result in airway obstruction or suffocation.

Investigators from the Soroka University Medical Center in Israel reported on the progress of a 27-year-old male patient with life-threatening, recurrent angioedema of unknown origin. Doctors placed the patient on a regiment of 20 grams of inhaled cannabis monthly after he failed to respond favorably to prescribed steroids and antihistamines.

Authors reported: "The use of inhaled cannabis resulted in a complete response, and he has been free of symptoms for 2 years. An attempt to withhold the inhaled cannabis led to a recurrent attack within a week, and resuming cannabis maintained the remission, suggesting a cause and effect relationship."

They concluded: "This is the first report in which a cannabis product for the treatment of refractory idiopathic angioedema was associated with an excellent clinical response. ... More research into the exact mechanism of action of cannabis products in cases of idiopathic angioedema and on the modulation of the immune response in general is indicated."

The Israeli government has authorized the limited production and distribution of marijuana as a medical treatment since 2011, and preparations of the plant are expected to be available in pharmacies imminently.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

old boy

old man w-cane

.     I was watching a special, featuring Dr. Gupta ,about some of the medical good of the cannabis,among was the treatment for seizures of this poor little four year old girl in Colorado who suffered severely from seizure's, with in three months,her life was saved by cannabis,the brand  used to treat her and many others having the same was "Charlottes web" her name. Another person claims that his cancer ♋ was being kept in remission. Others were treated for brain damaged. The claim was the rebuilding of the pathways in the brain.

.     It's main story was it's use in the successful treatment of M.S...  Why are they waiting on not allowing the doctors to prescribe across the country of USA is probably the loss of profits for drug 💊 companies and brewery companies.  One can easily grow what they need.  This is America, big corporate profits rule the lobbyists.  God bless you all with better health and long happy lives!

denny

Charlottes web. Never heard of it but ill keep my eye open for it.
Id love to see what saved this girl.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Charlotte's web is more of an oil I think that is helping kids so much that families are moving to Colo. for the sake of their kids and to attain it legally.  Mere drops of this oil is turning their lives around.

I will have to look for more info on it's uses.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Here's a little info on it:

It's named for Charlotte Figi, a 6 year old who suffers from Dravet Syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy.  Most weeks, she'd suffer around 300 seizures.  She has had made an amazing turnaround in her condition since using Charlotte's web.  Here's more on her: http://kdvr.com/2013/08/08/6-year-old-colorado-girl-in-national-spotlight-over-medical-marijuana/

Leafly.com says it's a "Cannabis sativa L. strain with less than 0.3% THC that has gained popularity as an option for treating seizures as well as a range of other medical conditions... This strain is effective with little to no psychoactive effects, making it great for those who don't want their medication to affect their daily tasks."
https://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

Here's a post on the NBC Dateline look into Charlotte's web and the good it's done for the patients who've used it: http://blogs.denverpost.com/ostrow/2015/05/29/nbc-dateline-on-charlottes-web-medical-marijuana/22562/

Interestingly, there have been problems.  I found the following story as well which sheds a bit of a different light on the Charlotte's web story, and not a very good light:  http://www.westword.com/news/charlottes-web-untangling-one-of-colorados-biggest-cannabis-success-stories-6050830
Please note that when you click this link, along with the story, you get a popup asking you to subscribe.  You can close the popup and still read the article so I didn't see it as a huge problem.  Just wanted you to be aware. :)  ps, If you have a popup blocker, you'll want to activate it!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

Thanks for the links fox.
The one site opened on a discription of my own nausea treatment,blue dream.
Out of all ive trieed this one helps the nausea...so far.
Im interested in the low thc stuff to see if i can remain functional while treating my stuff. I use the high thc stuff for anxity.
I just wonder if anxity could be treated with low thc weed?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk