News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Blood pressure

Started by Preacher, October 02, 2015, 08:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

Is blood pressure a typical problem for you guys? Just wandering mine has went up snd down with pain

But lately staying between 150/180 over 95,/110 with meds now.

kingd

My pressure always goes way up with pain,And my doctor always wants to increase my blood pressure meds when that happens.

Robby

Pain is one thing that will increase anyone's blood pressure. Just like being in emotional pain, physical pain will skyrocket your BP
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Their is the "white coat" syndrome too that I get every time at the office.  Of course the pain is increasing by then from walking and sitting in the office.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

White coat syndrome is very common. If one of my fire rescue buddies does mine it is usually high normal but a dr or nurse it is just high

denny

My bp meds sent me to the er.
I wonder if it ever occured to them that my pain was keeping it up.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Preacher

I have heard of this white coat but this is from my bed. Ty gents just wandering if everyone else does high blood pressure meds

foxgrove

Praise God I'm not but I get the same spike in BP when my pain spikes.  Fortunately, I've always had a slow heartbeat and low BP 'cause it does tend to creep really high for me.  135/85 at last count which for me is insanely high but I think the doc realized I was hurting bad that day. 

I have a brother who typifies white coat syndrome... he basically goes into shock when he's around doctors... almost got transferred by ambulance the first time because his blood pressure skyrocketed when the doctor came in the room as they were doing the test.  Something like 185/120!!!  The nurse kicked the doctor out, waited about 10 minutes for G to calm down and tried it again.  High but not stupid high. 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

My normal BP is always around 110/70, when I'm in pain it'll go up to like 130/90.
/>----------

Sleep Mode zZ

I take a medicine called Orloc. It is a beta-blocker and its active ingredient is bisoprolol hemifumarate. A daily dosage of 2.5mg 5mg lowered my BP from around 144/102 to 132/90. Diastolic pressure is the only real problem for me. My resting heart rate did also go down from around 80bpm to a bit under 70bpm with the medicine. (Based on weekly averages from 4 daily measurements made at home - twice done first in the morning and twice last in the evening.)

It seems that Prednisolone is partially to blame for my high BP. I tried for some time without it and my BP sunk to acceptable levels: 120/83. But I have to use Prednisolone and accept its effect on my BP, for now at least.

It was about this time last year when I did go to a checkup and my high blood pressure was noticed. First measurement was 177/118 and second 169/124. The nurse got a little worried because she did not notice any symptoms of "white coat hypertension" in me to explain the the high measurements. Neither did I notice any fear or extra tension in me in the situation. I don't think I suffer from "white coat hypertension". It seems more probable that I suffer from hypertension in all kind of social situations - and am so much accustomed to it that I don't even notice it most situations. I have always felt that I can't really rest unless I am alone.

ronr

I track it at home before going to the doc so they can see that yes it is high but not as high as in the office.  The BP meds I have tried make me feel like I'm going to die so those have all gone by the wayside.

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Preacher

Ok gents i am typing this from the hospital. Stayed over last night
They say i have an enlarged heart. I said well thank you thank very much. Nicest thing i have hesrd in a while.

Getting out in a while or tomorrow for strss test by injection.

I wonder if fibro makes your heart hurt because it is a muscle?

denny

My wife just got out of the er with an enlarged heart.
Said it could be genetic,or age.
Heck,the thing never stops working out it should get large,lol.

Good luck with that!
I hope and pray its nothing serious.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

Robby

Quote from: Preacher on October 04, 2015, 09:37:02 AM

I wonder if fibro makes your heart hurt because it is a muscle?

Not only does that make sense to me, but I've often wondered why mine wasn't hurting, considering the fibro.....
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk