News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

d-day

Started by denny, October 07, 2015, 01:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

Still smoking as of yesterday.
Today was to be d-day but I'm having second thoughts. Quiting morphine AND cigs at the same time ain't such a good idea.
Still,I'm all set up to quit and all,its ashame to stop quitting.
What are your thoughts please?
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

I will be the first to admit smoking is bad for your health, but I will give up my cigs when they pry them from my cold dead hands. I will be buried with a pack and a lighter. Smoking is one thing that gives me joy, and with my health as it is, I be damn if anyone is taking it away from me, because I don't really care if it does shorten my suffering, uh, life, no suffering would be the right word.  

However, I do support anyone that wants to quit, and would help them any way I could, except quit myself. I would stop smoking around them, but that's it. So if you want to, go for it, you might feel better.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Tay

Grrrr!!!! I am going through the same thing!!!  The cost alone is not worth it.  The government keep upping the price, so I pay $30 - 35 a pkt of 30s.

Tony is going to the Dr on Friday, so I thought I would ask him to get a script for patches.  (Makes them cheaper at $6.00), no script $50.00!!!  Go figure!!!

I cannot go cold turkey, as I know I would be unbearable (probably because my work is stressful, and we are renovating too)

There are tablets you can take, but I cannot take them as they make you tired, and I don't need that!!

The thing is, I love nothing more than relaxing with a coffee/wine and a cigarette, its a great de stressor!!!!

Good luck Denny.....I hear ya!!!

Tay

denny

I hear ya robby.I feel the same way.it don't matter if all you get is a shorter life but becoming a cripple because of it,only increaseing my discomfort/pain!

If it didn't hurt I wouldn't brother either but cigs always did make me a bit Ill. I'm pretty sure I'll feel somewhat better if I quit.
Thanks Tay! Everything is going up up up on in price.
Some things gotta change.

I was more worried about the withdrawals of both things at once!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Quote from: Denny on October 07, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
only increaseing my discomfort/pain!

Really, cigs actually reduce my pain, and studies show that nicotine is a natural pain reliever.
/>----------

looneylane

Would patches work for nicotine?

Tay

Tony had patches when he was in hospital and aid he never felt like a cigarette.  Although he has one (a cigarette) when he has a beer.  Doesn't seem to bother him. 

I would have to totally give up, cos if I had one, I'd have to have 20.  So I do hope the patches work for me.

ronr

Kicking cigs and morphine at the same time might be a bit of a challenge.  I would think one at a time but keep working on it little by little, even if it's only one cig a day, it is an improvement.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Tanks all,
Why did I not think of patches? :insane:
We can now add pot to the mix!
Imagin withdrawal of all three...cold turky!

Kidding,it won't happen.
This is all incredably bad timing.
I'll just have to work together(He and me).figure this out!

Da dat da da dat da da dat da da da da-in the hole again...sorry,no music notes : :( :

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

/>----------

denny

Does it cost robby?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

No.  It's just a list of codes to get all sorts of symbols.  For example a music note is {alt-14}.  II didn't count,  but I would say there is at least 100 codes.  I bookmarked it so I can pull it up whenever I need it. 
/>----------

wmoore

I quit smoking because I couldn't afford them anymore. Cold turkey worked because I felt so rotten with this affliction , I didn't know the difference.

denny

I could do it but my son smokes and they are always there.
I know its stupid but there it is.

I guess I just not ready.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk