News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Has anyone read the May 2015 research report?

Started by StillGoN, November 24, 2015, 06:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StillGoN

Has anyone else read the May 2015 report in Arthritis & Rheumatology regarding the Somatosensory Link in FM?  It was mentioned in a Magazine article (I think it was Aware).  I got a copy through inter-library loan at our university because it is related to my dissertation topic.  It is another study that clearly shows that FM is real and the brain is registering real pain.  It is a good one to share with a stubborn doctor who is not convinced that FM is real.  Or with a doctor like mine who does not know what FM is.

Robby

Can you give us a link to the Arthritis & Rheumatology report?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Robby

Thanks Sleep.

Good to see you, I've missed seeing you around.
/>----------

DEL

I read through part of the report and my brain did a major fade...damn the fog!
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

looneylane

Robby

I'm like DEL I got lost...  but I think I kinda-sorta got the general idea. 
/>----------

TMSIII

I read it. I'll go out on a limb a bit but my understanding is that:

1. FMS peeps respond more quickly to pain stimulus originating in nerves passing through S1. (See: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/spine_picture.shtml)

2. FMS peeps reach peak pain more quickly, but don't exceed pain levels of non FMS peeps. (Not exactly sure on this. It may be that they reach the steady state peak faster, but the peak may be higher, but once at peak do not have continuing increases. Actually, I think that's a more representative statement).

3. FMS peeps have a longer fall off curve after pain stimulus is discontinued than other peeps. In FMS peeps the pain signals keep firing once the pain source is gone, where as NON-FMS the pain signals a rapidly squelched.

All of this is shown to be occuring in the tracked neurons. It seems the pain pathways do not work the same as non FMS. It's important because it shows that FMS peeps respond to REAL pain differently---more intensly, more rapidly and for a longer period of time than non FMS. So this refutes to some extent any theories that the pain feelings are not real, caused by misfiring nerves or whatever. FMS peeps actually have a different response to painful stimuli.

And for those of us who suffer from FMS, here is some other news:

1. The sun will apparently continue to rise in the east and set in the west for the rest of the year, at least.

2. Bears do tend to defecate in the woods in which they live.

3. Blue fire is really, really hot.

4. And the pope is still, stubbornly Catholic.

Further, they did not control for "anti-depressant" use so there are no conclusions as to these drugs efficacy.

T3 :insane:

Robby

/>----------

denny

I still don't get it.
It seems interesting though.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

DEL

So...if the Pope eats Bear Meat will this cause him to have an urge to take a dump in the Italian Alps? :1115:  :poop::lmao:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

TMSIII

Yes but only if he eats it on Easter Sunday just after a new moon. Unless the Pope chooses the name Adam. Now this is due to bear's great affinity for 70's cultural icon Grizzly Adams. How exactly the teachings of  Irenaeus of Lyons, in the second century A.D. could have predicted this, nor that bears of his time could have any regard for a 1970's icon Grizzly Adams has led to much controversy in the Catholic Church. Some argue that "Adam" or "Adams" refers to the great germanic female gladiator Rhondais Rousouis Adam (her only known Germainc name is Helga die arrogante). However others point out that Rhondias was eaten by a bear, a beast , and a lion in the Colosium in 198 AD, which thus makes no sense. Why bears should care about the internal proceedings of such arcane religious matters, was addressed by St. Thomas Aquinas.

"It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes."
Thomas Aquinas

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_aquinas.html#jfzMMPOOchW92pqm.99

It has never been clear to scholars upon whom the joke had been played.

T3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcKBmdfpWs

denny

Too much time on my hands :blue thumbs up:
Loved the vidio,thanks T3!
And marked the other site. Its already made me think.
Thanks again!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Fibroman08

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk