News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Special Thought For Today

Started by countryboy, December 07, 2015, 10:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryboy

I post this poem most every year, especially when I look at my grand daughter who is 9 years old and has Autism.  
The school and church programs are here already and I look forward to watching her participate.

I know that there are others in our group that knows what it is like to raise a child with disabilities and my heart goes
out to all of you.  I hope that this poem will lift your heart as it does mine every time that I read it.

This poem was written by Mrs. Massimilla who is 101 years old and still writing poems.  Her third child was born with Down syndrome.  He graduated from high school and lived a fairly good life, mainly because of his parents love for him.  
Her poem was copyrighted in 1956 and gave permission for others to use and publish her works.

"Heaven's Very Special Child"

A meeting was held, quite far from Earth.
"It's time again for another birth,"

Said the angles to the Lord above.
"This special child will need much love."

Her progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments she may not show.

And she'll require extra care
From all the folks she meets down there.

She may not run or laugh or play
Her thoughts may seem quite far away.

In many ways she won't adapt,
And she'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where she's sent
We want her life to be content.

Please, Lord, find the right parents who
Will do this special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they're asked to play.

But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given
In caring for this gift from heaven.

Their precious charge, so meek and mild
Is heaven's very special child.

When my grand daughter was born handicapped,
I remembered this poem and gave it to my daughter.
I told her to read it and be proud.
I knew that this special child would shake,
rattle and roll their world, but their love would prevail.
Remember that this child will be your very special child
So please treat them well.

Thanks for reading and reflecting on those in this situation.
They need all the good help they can get.

::Amen::   :pals:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Robby

CB, I didn't see the similarities until now, you're granddaughter is autistic and 9,my adopted Aaron is also both 9 & autistic.

I loved the poem, and will borrow it for FB. They do  teach us as much or more than we teach them. I wouldn't trade Aaron for a less special child for any reason or convenience. Raising a special child when you have fibro isn't fun, I am not able to spend the time with him I want to, and it seems he has a melt down when I'm at my worst, but he also has a way of making me feel better when nothing else can. Those days I feel like giving up, I have to get up and take care of him, and I forget how bad I feel. So I think I'm getting the best end of the deal. I thank God for him every day.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

Thanks CB,
I'm sending this to my bro,whos child is grown but I'm sure he will see how special this makes them both.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

My special boy is 18 now and I truly know that if he gets the chance, he'll shake up this world for good.  He's such an amazingly loving child... when he's not insanely angry about some injustice... but I digress.  Thanks for the amazing poem.  They truly are a gift from God.  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk