News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Hard bumps under my skin that dont go away?

Started by fibrofool, March 10, 2009, 05:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fibrofool

Does anybody else with FMS get what looks like a pimple or an ingrown hair that turns hard and doesnt go away? I am collecting quite a few of these things on my body.
I have one on my thigh, buttocks, and several on my face.
Are these what they call dermal adhesions? It seems like the hard bump is under the skin and doesnt respond to acne medication.
Thanks

Jayger

I was looking around on the internet for this exact thing a few weeks ago.  I have a few on my back and on my scalp.  I've tried acne medication too with no luck.  They just seem to scab over but never go away.

AchinDude

I can only tell you two things:
  I know of people that have used Corona Salve (a lanolin & antisceptic product for medicating the udders of cattle, been around 100's of years) for this condition.   And it has worked quite well.

If I told you what I think it is that is causing, it ..... you'd really think I'm nuts

BOB

-------------
MWF ADM/Owner

Jayger

ronr

WE know you're nuts anyway Bob, so ..............

I have had them before and had to have some of them surgically removed in more than one location.  Some even removed twice.

Ingrown hair - cyst sort of thing that can grow to the size of your evil twin.  Even the doctor was saying OMG when he finally dug out the last one on my neck.  For the second time.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

AchinDude

OK Curious,
:emocrazy:

Here 'tis

I've followed Morgellons since it appeared.   If you are not familiar with it, Morgellons is a disorder, disease, syndrome whereby there are "fibers" just beneath the skin, and the etiology is unknown.  Treatment is sporadic, and often non-responsive in some cases.  First it was considered a psychosomatic disorder, and the first patients Mother was considered to be a candidate for Munchausen's. (SP) Almost lost custody of her child because she sought out adequate medical treatment.

In some of the severe cases of Morgellons, the tissue hardens rapidly, creating a thick fibrous lesion.   Not the standard leison, with the presence of fiber, but rather a fully developed lesion of fibrous tissue.

There has been a direct correlation in Morgellons pertaining to the immune system, it is weakened in the bodies it resides.   This is from the MRF ( Morgellons Research Foundation )

Morgellons is not recognized as a unique disorder, so there is currently no list of symptoms or differential diagnosis for Morgellons that is generally accepted by the medical community. Patients usually self-diagnose based on media reports, the Internet, and information published by the Morgellons Research Foundation. Symptoms usually include:[26][35]

Disturbing sensations of insect-like crawling, stinging or biting on or under the skin (i.e. formication)
Skin rashes and lesions that do not heal
Fiber-like filaments, granules or crystals that appear on or under the skin or that can be extracted from lesions
Joint, muscle and connective tissue pain, including fibromyalgia
Debilitating fatigue
Cognitive dysfunction, including difficulty with concentration, short-term memory, and attention

I think it is possible the virus which causes fibro, has mutated, and Morgellons is a "perk" or mutation of the original virus.  Some people have shown signs of both Morgellons and fibro now.   Research in this area, is in the infancy stages.

Of course NEVER mention this to any doctor that may be treating you successfully now for fibro.  They probably won't be able to handle two disease of the mind, not of the body.

-- Some cases can be eliminated merely when one considers many fibro patients are in fact, diabetic, and are consequently slow healers.

Or another   possibility, the lady that told me every person she had ever met who had fibro, had been abducted. (Of course, I met her at a Sci-Fi Con too) These "bumps" or nodes could be the implants just adjusting to the body, and the healing or closing off process takes longer, considering it is a metal from an alien planet.

OR.............

Those who are following 2012, realize the human species must change.   Evolution to a new and higher level of humanity is on the verge of appearing.  We, are merely, the chosen.

OR........
I am getting really really goofy...tonight.

BOB

-------------
MWF ADM/Owner

Jayger

OK ... um, I've heard of this before.  It does sound a little far-fetched but I wouldn't say this is what's going on with my skin.  No itching or rashes or anything like that, just appears like some ingrown hairs or callouses that won't heal.  Someone told me skin overgrowth was common with fibro but wasn't sure what that meant.

tojo

Bob have you been listening to Coast to Coast?????

I have a few of these that every now and again erupt like a volcanic pimple then lie dormant for years.

I have developed a things that at first I thought were pimples on my arms and legs that are more like little raised patches that can be scraped off but never go away. Most of them are dark like a freckle, well the ones on my arms the ones on my calves are glow in the dark white boy syndrome.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

dolphin/john

i dont mean to alarm anybody but my wife has 100's of these bumps all over her body it genetick and her father also had them

it is called neuro fibro mitosis(sp?) they are tiny cancer tumers hers are benine and have to be surgicaly removed when they start to cause her pain

they can grow inside the skin or outsidemy wifes are on the outside

an example of a very very badcase was the elephant man who had this disies

lucky for my wife hers are small and mostly in places you cant see

just thought id offer a little input

be well
john
IN A WORLD OF FAKES DARE TO BE REAL

fibrofool

Should I call Dr. Ted Acworth from the UFO HUNTERS to come and check these out.

I just watched an episode where they removed possible "Alien Implants"

The funny thing was the implants or growths would emit radio waves while under the skin but when removed would emit nothing.

An analysis showed the objects were made of mostly iron.

Thanks for all the info/opinions I guess I have to go see yet another doctor that will tell me these fibrous bumps are "normal" send me on my way.

Maybe I'll have to perform surgery on myself with an exacto knife and some anbasol.
I've already tried burning them off with wart remover. :emocrazy: 

NMDave

Check out www.coronaproducts.com for the salve. Another old remedy to remove skin growths is to cover with castor oil, saturate a gauze pad and stick on with adhesive tape. Do not let area dry out. The idea is if it is a virus (such as warts) the oil starves it of air and they die. I killed warts on my hands using this method and have not had them back in 30 years.

NMDave

rwilli

Andrew Michael

Wow.. first off.. hi again, Andrew here and new to this group and the format.. so if I goof up, please smack me gently.. it hurts enough  :wacko:
Last night.. doing a typical guy thing, I felt this thing on my inner thigh near the inner knee. I thought it to be an ingrown hair ( being hairier than a bear) so I picked at it..( this is the typical guy thing).. it would not budge til I got it good and ripped it off.. no ingrown hair.. and it took about five minutes for it to bleed. It bled for about ten min...and covered over, I looke carefully and found a bunch of them on my legs and ankles... not sure what they are.. but you're not alone!
Andrew
If I hurt, at least I know I'm still alive!
Fibroymyalgia, not just a disease, but an adventure!

fischerr1

I'm a pasty white guy that had bad acne as a kid. I get an occasional zit even now. I also get these non-acne pimples, worst during bad flare ups. They don't drain like acne and can last for weeks. They can be painful, mostly a pressure/itching sensation. I have found that if I lance them, no puss or normal fluid will drain from the pimple, just a bit of blood. However, within a day or two the pimple will fester slightly and then can be drained with puss and blood. It's more like a boil than acne. I lance them when they don't clear up after a couple days or they become painful. If I ignore them they may go away after a week or two. I will scratch them in my sleep if they become painful, so the lancing speeds up the healing processes.
A couple days ago I developed one on my ear that was so painful I was forced to lance it. It didn't drain like an acne pimple when lanced it the first time. This morning I lanced it again and drained a lot of fluid and it started to heal over almost immediately.

They don't look like Morgellans pictures I found on the web. I've never had one "professionally" removed either.

They are like nasty little mutant alien mushrooms. Does anyone have tin foil, I ran out and need to make a new hat.  

foxgrove

From what you are describing, it sounds more like what my brother suffers from.  My brother John has a moderately severe case of  neurofibromytosis.  If you do a search on the web you are likely going to find mostly extreme cases where the entire body is covered in tumors or grossly disfigured but it comes in all flavors from simple cafĂ© au lait spots to a few bumps to the far extremes like the Joseph Merrick, the original "Elephant Man".  Here is a good resource for the curious... http://www.nfmidatlantic.org/whatisnf.htm

While neurofibromytosis tumors are benign, there can be complications that cause "bumps under the skin, colored spots, skeletal problems, pressure on spinal nerve roots, and other neurological problems" (quoted from the Wikipedia article).  Have your doctor check into it.  It can be diagnosed through a gene study as it's actually caused by a defective gene.  It's a permanent condition but most people are able to manage it without significant intervention.

As for the idea of picking at them, I have to say that I am slightly manic about disfiguring bumps and spots on my body and have been known to go at them with a pocket knife in a pinch.. It's not something for the squeamish and I honestly don't know why I do it.. I just sort of go a bit nuts I guess. :dunno:

In any case bro.. be well.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk