News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Classic Fibro tender points - do you have them

Started by Barberian, May 02, 2016, 11:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic Fibro tender points - do you have them

Yes
6 (60%)
No
3 (30%)
Sometims, it varies
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Barberian

Classic definition of fibro is the tender points along with pain in more than one quadrant for a prolonged time. (Or close to that, fog attack).

For the most part I do not have the classic tender points docs use in diagnosing fibro. I have pretty much everything else though. I won't give an inventory to spare you. You all are very familiar.

I'm going to see my doc again tooday in a few hours and I was hoping to find some reputable references for me to sound just a bit more informed. Please don't bother hurrying to put any references down, I may not be able to check again before I go. You can put some down if you want to for later references. My doc doesn't seem to take me very seriously and seems to blame everything on my diabetes. I know the differences in types of pain the two conditions cause but he just doesn't get it because he is the trained and cerified dick doc with years of experience, and I'm an untrained, certified idiot non-doc.

The appointment is for round 3 of trying to get an electric wheelchair. I asked my shrink to put a note in my record for my reg doc to see about how much being able to get out of the house at a walking speed means to my mental health . Back when I was healthy, it was not uncommon for me to walk 2 - 4 miles for a "short" walk just to clear my head, and for some peace of mind.
IF my doc agrees, there is supposed to be some guidance from the prosthetics dept in my record  on what he is supposed to do to get me a waiver for the VA's req's to get one. My legs do "work", my heart works above 25% so I don't meet the requiremfents without a waiver. Just about EVERYTHING with the gov can be waived, it is just knowing who to talk to and convincing them to do it. It is the convincing part that is the almost impossible part without powerful connections and influence, which I don't have. I'm only a retired/disabled vet... Someone the VA was set up to help... silly me...

-----------------
I DO have an alternate option if I HAVE to use it, but it will be expensive on my part. Something we just don't have the spare change for. I could use a local civilian doc and get a electric wheelchair on my retirement med insurance. My copay would kill our budget though. My wifes doc, who is also my primary civilian doc I don't use because of the copay has said he would write the script for me.

I just want the promises made to me by my gov to be honored without hassle. The gov promised to cover service related med issues free of cost. Fibro is a condition assumed to be a service connected disability. Unfortunatly we passed the "without hassle" long ago. Now I will just settle for better late than never.

:emobadmod: :emowall:

Lonesome George

Several doctors have checked me for tender points. I always come back with totals in the 12-14 point range. That's what ticked me off about being denied disability.  Even the SSDI docs all said I definitely had fibro, but couldn't say if it was disabling or not.

Robby

I usually have around 20 of the 18 tender points. So yeah story of my life.....
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Barberian

Sorry to anybody who read my rant about yesterday's appointment. I hijacked my own thread and took it off topic. I just deleted that post. I have been ranting a bit too much lately and will try to stop.

denny

Rant on barber.
If anybody don't want to read your rant they wouldn't be in the rant forum.

Let not the fact were in general disscussion forum bother you a bit.
We all slip.
I've had some doosies! :insane:

How's that for covering my ass? :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

I also don't have tender points the way everyone discribes.

Doc found one point that hurt a lot but when he checked again a minute later it had moved.
This baffeled him and he ran off to call the head fibro nurse :lmao:

I don't know what she said but he told me I probably had fibro.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Quote from: denny on May 03, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Rant on barber.

We all slip.

I agree 1000%. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do, and it ain't bothering me a bit.
/>----------

foxgrove

Quote from: Robby on May 03, 2016, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: denny on May 03, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Rant on barber.

We all slip.

I agree 1000%. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do, and it ain't bothering me a bit.

Me too!!!  Some things just need to be screamed about.  Personally, I don't know how many tender points I have from the standpoint of my doctor... the physiatrist I went to kept freaking at me because I hurt in the "it shouldn't hurt here" spot and it meant that I was faking it.  The rheumatologist I went to, thank the Lord this one was sane, did the tender point test but I was too exhausted to count them and he never told me.  How's that for detailed info...  :insane:  I have never found the number in my medical records. 

Personally, I still want to get that psyiatrist to stop treating people that way.  I honestly hurt when she pressed on me... I don't care if it wasn't supposed to hurt or not!!  She was extremely dismissive of anything I had to say after that, up to the point where she attempted to sabotage my attempt to get disability.  Nice doctor huh...  According to that very prestigious doctor, how many trigger points you have from one point in time to another is only one of numerous indicators of fibro...

so... I really don't agree with the old methodology of diagnosing fibro... I see both sides of the argument but having been bashed over the head by one side of that argument, I kinda see the picture a little bigger.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

Tender points can and do move!  Nothing unusual about that at all.

Some Too many things just need to be screamed about.  Stupid doctors that don't believe, stupid system, stupid ___________ .

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

TNDadx4

I agree with this. Tender points can move. They can also be tender one day and not there the very next day. There are days when my body hurts all over (even my hair, although I don't know how that happens), so yes, it's going to hurt where its "not supposed to"

You would think by now that doctors would understand these things.

foxgrove

Welcome home TNDadx4!!!  We've missed you!!  :bighug:  How have things been going?

Foxgrove

TNDadx4

Hi Fox,

I missed this you and this place as well. Life has been different and tough, especially from the work side. I'll post some more later... kinda depressed right now. How have you been?

foxgrove

Right now, depressed as hell.  Real bad day... had to interact with some very unsavoury people and did a poor showing of myself.  A trio of adults threatened my kid so I kinda went off the rails at them.  Feeling like I might as well move 'cause my I just blew whatever ministry I was growing here.  Add on to that the fact that I just medicated for a major panic attack, am coming off a three day migraine and my pain levels are through the roof and you've got an interesting day.  But other than that, I'm fabulous.  :lmao:

I can't imagine how you keep working, brother.  You just blow me away.  That's gotta be the most painful thing to not be able to stop and let your body catch up... kinda like drowning in slow motion over and over again.  I remember the last few years and how insane it was to try dragging your body and forcing it to do what it needs to.  You have my admiration and my sorrow.  Wish there was a better way... wish we had some way to get you better.

How's the family doing?  We're holding together really tight.. doing well as a family other than the normal bumps and bruises... don't have finances for nothin right now... sunk deeper than a tractor in an old old bog.  I think the only thing that's still above the surface is our prayers and hopes.  Still got the house though... praise God for that. 

Foxgrove

Lonesome George

Fox, keep your head up. Sometimes you have to go off on people, even if you feel bad about it.  Remember Jesus went off on the money changers at the temple. Sometimes losing it is the right thing to do.  You are always pumping us up when we are down, so don't get down on yourself. 

Robby

Fox, God gave us a protective instinct when it comes to our children. That was no accident, He intended on us taking care of our children. The last time someone tried to take advantage of my child, I had the cops called on me because I did what it took to set things right. Luckily I went to school with the cop that came out, so he was on my side  :lmao: . But, I would have went to jail for my boy, and would have sat there without my fibro meds if that is what it took. Don't beat yourself up over acting a little "off", as LG stated even Jesus went off on the money changers, sometimes that's what it takes.
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk