News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

FNG W/fibro

Started by GunnerPrime1976, May 03, 2016, 04:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunnerPrime1976

Hello guys, my name is Paul but friends call me Gunner so feel free to as well. I am a 40 yr old Navy Vet. just finally got my diagnosis of fibro along with other things. What I really need is someone to care enough to help me! I can not seem to find any assistance, anytime there is a chance of hope it fails. I can no longer do my normal occupation. Yes I am very versatile, I can still learn new things, my body however is brokedown and running on 2 cylinders. I know maintenance. Many types, however! This line of work requires a heavy physical demand no matter what type of mainenance you are doing. i.e. building, auto, missile launchers ect.. My back is detroyed! I already have Moderate Degenerative Disk Desiese (Im 40 not 80!) this was caused by an accident in 96 while doing a SAR Op. in the middle of a hurricane. Im guessing one of the military's few that had to rescue the rescue swimmer. I was paralized for a couple days. I really don't know for sure how long, all I could think about was the aweful pain, never walking again and suicide, while lying in a coffin rack unable to even use the head staring at the top of my bunk 2 ft away from my face. I beat the odds however, I can walk but have been in pain since, not to mention @ 19 yrs old you dont know everything, so I did not realize I should have had an mri. and physical therapy and should not have been sent back to a ship under lite duty orders that clearly says no stairs, ect. Thanks for the drugs Uncle!! OMG, sorry guys. I need help w/ my VA claim desperately, and ssdi appeal. Anyone one happen to be a VSO that lives near Simi Valley Ca? Yes I do have one already that has done nothing, I have only 1 month to finish it. I have had 0$$$ money since last Oct. I am close to loosing everything!! Please someone have the heart and knowledge to get me going again I am loosing it!
🙊🙉🙈💩

Barberian

Hey Paul. Sorry but I refuse to use military rank related nicknames since I retired (AM1 (AW) 20 Yrs). As for help on your claim, fibro is an assumed service connected disability, not to mention the other stuff you mentioned on active duty. I suggest contacting the various vet organizations in your area - VFW, can't remember the rest at the moment. A quick Google (veteran's and your town name) will list them for your area. There are many good organizations with outstanding volunteers. The hard part is finding them without help. That is where the vet organizations come in handy.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure others will add much more help soon. I'm more than half brain dead at the moment on a not so good day or I would add more myself.

GunnerPrime1976

Thank you for the advice, I am glad to hear that fibro is service connected. Seems like the minority thinks it's imaginary. I question my sanity and try doing something normal like I used to and forget about it! It will ruin the rest of my week and for what? A couple hrs of yard work? I have also lost feeling and strength in both hands, yesterday I used a can of spray paint and the pain that went through my hand was excruciating! I could not even massage it, like a knife went through the palm near my thumb. I don't get it?
🙊🙉🙈💩

augoldminer

You might try hadit.com. there are a number of retired VSO there along with a lot of veterans that know the system.

http://www.hadit.com/
http://community.hadit.com/

You might also look into a veterans disablity pension instead of dealing with  a ssdi appeal.

Simi Valley Ca, You likely go to the same VA hospital as me at VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System and Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

countryboy

Hi Gunner,

You might also try a site that I have used and sent others to also that deals with helping get insurance claims straightened out and on their way.  They also handle SSDI.  The site has changed a lot since I first used it 10 years ago to get my SSDI.  Had it within 4 months.

Disinissues DISINISSUES Disability Insurance Issues   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues/

Just follow their instructions and you should be able to start your question and answer portions the next day.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

Welcome Paul.

As you can see, there's folks (US) that DO BELIEVE in your pain and disability and are willing to help.

Contact your Senator/Congressman also.  They can track your paperwork so that someone doesn't sideline it and forget about it even existing.

Social Security takes months at best, I'm not sure about the VA system.  You gotta get things going and get some help from a friend if you have one left or someone who can make and objective evaluation of your condition.  In your condition you will easily overlook things that have become a commonplace way of dealing with things for you.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Hello :biggrin:
Welcome gunner,good to meet ya!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Welcome to the family Gunner, :welcomeani:

While we both share a most excellent first name, I'll call you Gunner out of respect for your service... thank you for all you have done and sacrificed for all of us.  We owe you a debt we can never fully pay.  Sorry you lost the health you joined up with... that truly sucks.  I really hope that the VA mans up and gets you the help you need.  All this paperwork just gets a man down to where he doesn't feel worth the bother.  Let me tell you straight, you are valuable and it has nothing to do with what you can do or how much you make.  Don't ever give others permission to make you feel that way.

So... back all messed up and now fibro... well that blows but it certainly should get you some help from the VA.  I wish I was closer and could help out but I do know that the website that countryboy recommended has helped out many of our members in the past.  I truly hate paperwork and I get so overwhelmed with it... I hope that you find someone who can help you through this quickly.  :budy:

That pain and weakness you mentioned are very familiar to me.  I've been having the exact same problem for a while now... make that a few years... For me, most of it is fibro but there is also a certain amount of it I can deal with by working on myofascial trigger points.  These are small knots in the muscle fibers that hinder muscle movement and express their pain in often distant parts of the body.  The beauty of them is that you can relieve the pain from them yourself!!!

There's a great book (and a bunch of videos) on the subject... I recommend "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies for reading about trigger points and how to deal with them and the youtube videos from this site: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8mj85wETcxP9Tga1Rc7Mg  (Jonathan Kuttner's Youtube Videos)

I'm not saying that this is going to take away your pain, but it might help you to reduce your overall pain load and make your days a little easier to cope with.  Keep coming back... keep asking questions... we're here to help you in any way we're able.  We'll celebrate with you and scream at the sky right alongside you... that's what family does... and now, you're family.  Welcome home.

Fox (Paul)
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk