News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pain Clinic

Started by DEL, June 06, 2016, 09:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

Starting on the 15th I will be using the services of a pain clinic. Treating Fibro with a bunch of antidepressants just made me

a zombie, so I'm just going to treat the pain and have my Psychiatrist deal with the antis for the PTSD and depression...I sure don't

need to be overmedicated again!
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Barberian

Congrats on getting the pain clinic. I hope it works for you..

db

The pain clinic I went to didn't seem to be of much help.  I suspect they will try to get you off the antidepressants.  I hated them myself.  : :( :  I suspect they are not a cure all but some seem to think they help.  I quit mine after a couple years.  I didn't miss them.  :LOL:

db

augoldminer

They started using antidepressants 15+ years ago and they knew they only worked in about 20% of cases but it was the only thing they had at the time.

Now many doctors still believe that they are the first line treatment. and some doctors still think they are the only thing that works.

Then you have the insurance industry that tells some doctors that they have to try antidepressants before they will approve any thing like Lyrica because antidepressants are cheap.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

Lonesome George

Anti-depressants are one of the things that cost me disability.  When I was first diagnosed waaaayy long age, the doc tried to give me muscle relaxers and anti-depressants. I had already done my research, and was pretty sure of what I had. I had went on every message board I could find, and almost every person there cursed the day they started the Anti-depressants for pain.

I took the muscle relaxers, but refused the script for the anti-depressants. Pissed him off.  He never got over me doing that. Twelve years later he made sure to put in my report to SSDI that I refused medication to control pain. Never mind it usually didn't work, or only worked for a short time, then there were the withdrawals and side effects.  I know too many people on these, and I don't know of one they have helped for anything long term.

foxgrove

Quote from: DEL on June 06, 2016, 09:15:01 AM
Starting on the 15th I will be using the services of a pain clinic. Treating Fibro with a bunch of antidepressants just made me

a zombie, so I'm just going to treat the pain and have my Psychiatrist deal with the antis for the PTSD and depression...I sure don't

need to be overmedicated again!

:clapping:  Bravo!!!  Glad to hear that you're trying something new.  I really hope that the pain clinic is a fabulous thing for you.  I know mine didn't hit their goal of really reducing my pain but they opened a lot of doors and doing that made my argument with the doc for other therapies and increased focus on my pain levels much more solid... plus there were a few things like TENS and theracanes that they introduced me too which have been lifesavers.  Go get em bro!  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DEL

When I went into the hospital for the month+ stay the doc in charge of my case couldn't believe all the dope I was on.

He said I needed to be more aware of what was happening so I could help make good decisions for my care-and he was right-

the first week and a half I so out of it nothing made sense.

It is obviously going to be awhile before Fibro breakthroughs happen, so I would rather treat the pain and quit trying to fool myself.

"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Robby

Quote from: DEL on June 07, 2016, 08:29:11 AM
so I would rather treat the pain and quit trying to fool myself.

That's my plan
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Quote from: DEL on June 07, 2016, 08:29:11 AM
It is obviously going to be awhile before Fibro breakthroughs happen, so I would rather treat the pain and quit trying to fool myself.

...for now.  Today, we heal.  Tomorrow... same.  One of these days, God willing, we'll get to the rest of it.  Until then... :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I think my pain clinic experience was so good because its where I found out I had cronic pain.
They proved to my wife and I that I wasn't just an ass hole. There was reason to my madness. I sat inthraled as they described me to myself! I was elated.
You del,are already aware you have cronic pain but there's still much to be learned.
Hope you have a great expirence del! :bighug:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk