News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

A llloongg, but short weekend

Started by Olys45, June 27, 2016, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olys45

Well, to start off the weekend I found out that the wife's 2009 Ford F-150 has been wired to tow a light duty (with the standard "4-Flat") trailer...  :blowup:

We then moved to the construction phase of the kitchen remodel. The major thing we accomplished was that we ran wire up from the outlets up to the junction box. Someday I'll pull some wire from the fuse box up to the junction box.

On Sunday I had what I call a "Stephen Hawking Morning" (my mind wanted to get up and move, but my body rejected that idea and substituted it's own reality) but my In-Laws came over and we started hanging sheetrock. After we ran out of supplies (we didn't but enough on Saturday  :emowall: :emowall: ) the wife ran to Glendive with her mom and I helped her father start construction on a roof for the back deck. By the time the heat got to us, we went back to my house and helped/supervised finishing the bottom sheet of sheetrock. At least we figured out where all the cabinets were supposed to go and installed three of them, along with placing the bottom corner cabinet.

At least this AM, I was able to get up, I'm a little sore, but I was able to get to work at my normal time.  :clapping: :clapping:

A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

denny

3 words-fans,water,paceing.

It too hot here and all my work is outside under the sun.
Forget that! I gotta take up graveyard shift.

Stay cool,and rested if possible. Sounds like a lot of work.

PS. One more word-Meds! :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Soooooo glad that it didn't take you out of the game for a week!!  That would have sucked big time.  A little sore is a beautiful thing when you look back at all you accomplished.  :clapping:

Remember that the fatigue could yet find you so take it easy for a few days and let your body rest... lots!!  Keeping you in my prayers.  That sounds like fabulous progress.   :blue thumbs up:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Olys45

Yeah on Monday my Pop's died.... finished out that day and worked 3/4 of Tuesday... I was doing good until I spoke to a friend of my Pop's that I grew up knowing from the gun show circuit...

Wednesday my wife drove us to the Twin Cities of the People's Republic of Minnesota.

Thursday was the "viewing" thankfully he was cremated so there was just a box with his signature coat and hat behind it.

Friday was his service and then we took care of the Thank You cards and started to help Ma get things straight.

Saturday we drove back home.

Yesterday I just sat around and today I tackled the sink install.

Tomorrow? Back to work!

Oly
A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

ronr

So sorry for your loss.  That's no way to do a road trip.

I like the cremation idea because I feel it's better to remember someone for how they WERE.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Olys45

Quote from: ronr on July 05, 2016, 07:43:21 AM
So sorry for your loss.  That's no way to do a road trip.

I like the cremation idea because I feel it's better to remember someone for how they WERE.

Yeah, I hardly cried... just a few misty tears and my voice almost broke a couple of times... the weird thing is that I can go to another Veterans funeral and my eyes water and I need a tissue...  :emowall:

What the hell is up with that?

Oly

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Sorry to hear about your Pop...  :budy:  More than I can imagine, brother.  :cry2:  Don't worry about how your body decides to grieve... it's different in every instance.  Find those good memories and hang on to them.  Loved the idea of his signature hat and coat sitting behind his ashes.  That was the perfect way to remember him.  :budy:

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Olys45

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk