News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Sleepless night

Started by Robby, July 18, 2016, 05:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Well last night was one of my sleepless nights. It seems we had a weather system move through and it rained off and on all night. My pain would build and build until it would start raining, and sometimes until it would last until it stopped raining, then I would start to ease up. I would go back to bed and just about get dozed off when I would awaken again with the pain building. I would get back up and be up for 2 to 3 hours until it subsided again. Unfortunately I never managed to ease up enough for long enough to actually go to sleep, so today has been hell also. You know the lack of sleep thing causing more pain, I finally managed to sleep for about 30 minutes about an hour ago and it's about the best I've felt mentally since sometime yesterday, but again I was awoken by my pain level jumping up. Usually it takes 2 or 3 days before I get back on my "normal-for-me" schedule, trying to get the pain and such back into a normal routine.

So on a different note, how are you today??????

Edit: I forgot to add my upset stomach. When I'm in pain above a certain (Low) level I'm unable to eat. Any food of any kind in any amount will make me vomit. I touched a potato to my lips, and as soon as the taste registered, I had to grab the garbage can. Didn't even get the food in my  mouth, just against my lips, so that tells me it's probably a mental reaction not a stomach reaction, but it is a pain in the ass not being able to eat just because the pain level is slightly elevated.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

Well,since you ask,I didn't sleep well either.
It was like there was some niggleing something just under my skin that would not let me settle down to sleep.

Not so bad as yours am sure,still its upsetting.
Sending much sleep your way buddy. :bighug:

The vomiting thing is bad here too. :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

countryboy

At least it helps keep your weight under control   :LOL:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Robby

I slept last night, plus three naps today and I'm still exhausted  :giveup:

Quote from: countryboy on July 19, 2016, 07:24:20 PM
At least it helps keep your weight under control   :LOL:

Not really because once I get back to where I can eat, I make up for what I didn't eat, plus a pizza or two  :LOL:
/>----------

foxgrove

Dang..  yeah that pain vomiting thing gets REALLY old very instantly!!  Hope things get better for you and the weather tames down some.  We've been getting the wickedest weather patterns through here of late... lots of insta-downpours and hot hot days with a little crappy thrown in there for good measure.  It's meant that a ton of places are flooding out this summer and a whole world of hurt for me.  Hope y'all are enjoying mind and temperate weather real soon!!!  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Barberian

Slept like a stool sample last night. Not sure what is going wrong today, but tossed my cookies three times this afternoon. I didn't take any meds to help me sleep last,  but I sure will tonight. I'll probably add a shot or two of whiskey or rum to make sure it works. I don't get drunk, because that actually lowers your quality of sleep. But a shot or two helps make me fall asleep sooner, and it wears off fast enough to not ruin my nigjts sleep. I'm around 220 lbs, so a shot or two doesn't do much for me, bit it helps.

Hope this was written understandably. The fog is strong with this one today.

Robby

A couple days ago I decided to do the "couple of shots" thing, except I grabbed a glass and poured about three (½) fingers of apple vodka. Now back in the day I would drink a fifth of vodka a night and barely get a buzz, this time however I was beyond buzzed when I laid down. I slept an hour or two and got up turned my stomach inside out into the porcelain throne, went back to bed and that was the best sleep I have had in years. I don't know if it was that I haven't drank in close to 20 years, if it was the amount I drank or what but I was glad when I drove the porcelain bus, I felt so much better.

Last night Aaron was sick, so I was up most of the night with him. When your child is sick, your sick too. But I really wasn't sleeping anyway so oh well.
/>----------

foxgrove

Quote from: Robby on July 27, 2016, 05:10:41 AM
Last night Aaron was sick, so I was up most of the night with him. When your child is sick, your sick too. But I really wasn't sleeping anyway so oh well.

Glad you're doing better..  I sure know what you mean about kids... many memories of long nights helping the kids through illness. They're good memories now... not so good at the time but isn't that what parenting is all about... ;) :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk