News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Have you ever... and other boner moves

Started by foxgrove, August 22, 2016, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

Computing without a brain

I hit a nasty one a couple of weeks ago.  A laptop came in from up north and it needed the administrator account essentially hacked as nobody knew what the password to it was and anyone who did was no longer in the picture.  I have an excellent tool for doing that but it's finicky... when the warning screen comes up saying "unplug all USB devices except the one you are installing this software to", it generally means to do what it said.  

Well... I wasn't in a really good head space... kinda mushy up in the brainpan, so I missed that screen and proceeded forward.  OK, it did install the software.  That part worked.  Sadly, one of my 2 terrabyte drives was plugged in at the same time and lo and behold, it was now empty.

Empty...  eh???

EMPTY!!!   : :( :

OMG!!!  EMPTY!!!!   :yikes:

Previously to that point, it HAD contained about 1.2 TB of data... let's break that down... that's all the website backups, all the family backups, all my "client" backups from the last 2 years, and a crazy huge bunch of project files that had NO backup!!!  Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

OK... once I'd taken a lorazepam (talk about your instant panic attack!!) and had a nice little nap to come back down to earth, I realized that all that had happened was the drive had been formatted.  No problem... I've got tools for that!  So, instead of using the tried and true method... why would I want to do it that way??... I went ahead and fired up the latest and greatest piece of data recovery software I'd been given.  I'd thought, wahoo... now I can really see how this baby cranks it out.

13 days later, my "newest and greatest" piece of data recovery software finally finished it's analysis of the drive and promptly crashed.    :emolaugh:

Back to the tried and true software I SHOULD have depended on... 5 HOURS later, I was recovering all my data from the harddrive, project files included  :sweatdrop: :great:

Let's just say... avoid major computer work when you're a few fries short of a happy meal!!!  :biggrin:  
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

foxgrove

Walking the human...

A few days ago I was out with my pooch, doing one of my marathon walks... man it's gotta be a million fibro miles long... I believe regular humans call it half a block. In any case, as per our agreement, I walk, he walks, I stop, he stops (lol)... I say poop, he stares at me like I'm an alien.  {sigh} 

In any case, we're out about as far as I can be before I've GOTTA turn around and he decides that NOW is the time to poop.  Great, fabulous, just what the doctor ordered.  I have my poop bag all...  my poop bag...  why are there no poop bags in the poop bag dispenser??  Great!!  Of course, the lawn (yes, lawn!!!) he decided to relieve himself on is the ONLY one in the neighbourhood who mows it seven different directions and clips the edges with scissors, a fine and beautiful fescue, worthy of great accolades... and now it has a poop decoration.  GREAT!! 

Well, I'm not one to leave and just let it lay so I knock on the door to let them know I'll be right back... nobody home.  So now I'm "hurrying" home... you should see it... hilarious... penguins do a better fast walk, seriously!!   :lmao:

By the time I get home, I'm drenched in sweat, clammy, and in NO shape to be doing that "walk" again.  After quickly going to the bathroom I bravely set out again to make sure I can grab the poop from our distant neighbour's well groomed lawn.  I get back there just as I realize I've forgotten to do something...

Where are the poop bags???

Oh #&$%#!!!!!

Back we walk, the pace is starting to lag a bit by now...  So I get home and first thing is grab the stupid poop bags and head back to the smarmy neighbours house with the stupid clipped lawn (I mean, seven times!!  Why can't you just mow it and be happy??)  I get to the lawn and now I've got a dilemma...

I'm out of energy and NOW I need to get down there and grab the poop???  Good grief! :emowall:

So, I set up my walking sticks, tucked into my belly and propped out like they're the other two legs of my human tripod, and I bend over to grab the poop.  Of course, NOW, my darling little poop machine decides that he has to go again so he places his deposit on the other side of the lawn.  The OTHER side of that moronic green fuzzy lawn  (I mean, what is this, a golf course???)

So, I climb my sticks and get vertical-ish... at least enough to get to the "other" poop... fortunately, I have more than one poop bag (yay poop bag dispensers!!) and once I've set myself up I gather tha last of the poop and once again, the lawn is clean and fresh... ready to be enjoyed by one and all... or whatever.  I'm done, baked, fried!!!

I push my way to vertical again and hobble to the nearest tree to lean against and regain an actual walking stance.  Well... a close approximation anyways.  We head home, Oreo at the lead, head held high like we were returning from war... me looking like I was holding the grenade.  I get about two house lengths away and out comes the owners with their pooch, who promptly lets one drop in the middle of the lawn and they go back inside with that stinkin poop adorning their immaculate lawn.

Needless to say, I wasn't sure whether to scream or howl in laughter... it was one of those insane moments where all you can do is just walk away and wonder, what was it that made me think that walking the dog was going to be easy?

Foxgrove

Robby

I could tell you some stories about computing without brain power, but at the moment I don't have enough to remember what happened  :rotfl:

I'm glad all I have to do is open the door and let the dogs out, we live far enough out, no neighbors to care about poop in their yard
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Barberian

Don't want to drag the thread off topic, but it relates to the dog poop post.  :1115:

Last night I left my service dog outside for about half an hour for exercise and bathroom. Then I went and picked up a pizza, went to 2 dif stores looking for a certain off brand nacho chip that neither had, then went to the local Super WalMart to get them. Well, The chips are in the back of the store, I'm not having a very good fibro day, and Walmart doesn't have them either. So I say Fark It and grab some Doritos and nacho cheese dip in frustration. Then I remember I need to get some dandruff shampoo for my lovely dog because she has a skin condition I'm hoping the dandruff shampoo will help, but it is on the FAR other side of the SUPER (big) WalMart. So off we go.

As we pass through an automotive isle on the way, my lovely service dog begins an Emergency Overboard Discharge (poop). OH FRAK I was embarrassed. Luckily no one was around to see it. She hasn't done this since she was a little pup in training. I had some poop bags in her pack, and the poop was normal dog logs, so it was easy to pick up. Still...  :yikes: :giveup:

denny

And the lawn got poop anyway :clapping: :rotfl:
That's a great story fox. :biggrin:

I have embaresting poop storys too.
Just can't think of any...wait a minute,I got a "mild"laxative the afternoon in the er,and that night I shit the bed.the nurse came brought me sweat pants and a bag and left me in the er room to clean up. After I got my pants off a got a sudden urge to urinate,uh oh,no bathroom...I just couldn't hold it and peed on the floor.

A special er visit this time. : :( :
Lovely,just lovely.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

:clapping:  :great: Please... feel free to drag the topic anywhere it wants to go!  I love a good story, poop or no poop!  :lmao:

Funny thing is I went out this morning to walk pooch and the lawn was once again pristine but there was two or three "EODs" (thank you Barberian, that is the perfect description :clapping: ) plopped unceremoniously on their boulevard.  ???  Go figure ???  Oreo took a couple of long sniffs and declined to add his opinion to scene until several doors away.  Maybe he was scandalized about the poops too... or not.  :lmao:

Personally, I'd LOVE to live out in the country again but the city is WAY too convenient right now.  Ah well..

Foxgrove

foxgrove

Last night... yeah, another recent boner move :biggrin:... I decided I'd help out my sweetie by getting the dishes from the dishwasher and putting them away.  Man was that ever exhausting.  I went and sat down on the couch to recoup after getting the top of it emptied, and got the most interesting glass of water placed in front of me.

Did you know that emptying a dishwasher that has not run is a bad thing???

Let's just say I didn't drink the rather cloudy water with little bits floating in it and together we re-loaded the dishwasher and Jo taught me once again to look at the chalkboard to see if it's dirty or clean... we have a drawn arrow that point to the words dirty and clean... pretty simple if you remember about it.  It was worth the chuckles though... well, when we were done we chuckled... maybe not so much during the procedure.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

Robby

/>----------

ronr

We have a magnet on the front of the dishwasher that say "clean/dirty."  All you have to do is remember to flip it at the appropriate time. 
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Quote from: ronr on August 24, 2016, 08:13:55 AM
We have a magnet on the front of the dishwasher that say "clean/dirty."  All you have to do is remember to flip it at the appropriate time. 

Remember... :lmao: :rotfl:  :insane:

We had one of those but I think one of my nieces or nephews got hold of it and poof it was gone.  It's not the medium that's tricky... it's that whole rememberificationing thing!  Ole Swiss-cheese-for-brains here is working on with a mighty small box of thinking stuffs these days.  

...and speaking of which, now I'm in trouble.  The ink on the back of my hand tells me I had to remember something but it's all worn off 'cause I just washed my hands.  Dang it...  That's gonna be trouble with a capital  :poop:.   {sigh}

Foxgrove

denny

We had one too.
For some reason it de-magnatized.
The whole front of the dishwasher de-magnatized.
Kinda weird huh?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

This morning I got Brandon and Aaron up so Brandon could get Aaron on the school bus. As soon as they both got up, I went back to bed because I felt bad. Mistake number 1. Now Aaron is a handful, you never know what he might or might not do, and Brandon isn't really that observant. One thing Brandon is supposed to do is to check Aaron's pockets because he likes to take toys and things to school, that he's not supposed to.  :insane:

So just before 8am the teacher calls, first Aaron's pants are on inside out (as I said Brandon isn't very observant). But then she starts to hyperventilate, he had a dead mouse in his pocket.  :jawdrop: She was like "it was real, it was like a live mouse but it was dead".  :lmao: She just kept going on about that mouse.  :yikes:

My first thought was "SHIT", and put my head in my hands, but the more she went on the funnier it got.  :insane:

So I had to go to school and pick him up, bring him home and give him a shower, then take him back to school, by that time I was really hurting and exhausted. But I bet Brandon checks his pockets for a while.
/>----------

denny

:lmao:
I love it! A pain now but a good/funny memory forever! :biggrin:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Really... a real dead used ta be livin mouse... in his pocket... oh no!!  The heavens are going to fall!!!  Geesh... talk about over the top.  :lmao: :rotfl:

I know exactly where you're coming from.  More than one morning I've had to totally skip life for lying still and praying that the pain would stop.  I'm glad that Brandon did an OK job with his brother... Hey, he did get TO the school in one piece.  :biggrin:  A little mouse wouldn't have done anyone any harm.  He's just a little boy doing little boy stuff.

Glad you're able to laugh at it too.  Those make the best memories. :great:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk