News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Retirement

Started by Bob, October 12, 2016, 05:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

Bob

I take Nu Vigil and Adderrall and until a couple days ago continued to be so sleepy as to be unable to function on almost any level.  However, a couple days ago I ran out of Baclofen and had to wait until the doc wrote a new prescription.  After a couple days I found myself much more awake  but, having  to fight with more pain (in my back).  I am trying to deal with this by taking supplements like MSM.  It is really nice to be awake but the pain can get to be too much.

db

Yes, there does seem to be a trade off.  I was always fatigued so it was hard to notice if the drugs were making me even more tired. :sleep1:  Now that I have improved and gotten off the meds, I think they were behind some of my fatigue.  Not that it was a bad thing.  Being exhausted all the time probably helped prevent me from doing too much.  :yikes: .  Also, sleep was a reprieve from the pain although it seemed to wake me up allot.  old-man/cane

db

denny

Certainly is a trade off.
I lowered trazadone and stopped lisopril and got a boost it energy.
Unfortunately it only lasted a few days then it was normalized and I feel as bad as I did before. : :( :
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Bob

thank you all for your input.  I would like to say that I feel better knowing that this is part of the disease, but, I don't.  I feel that I am unable to do just about anything that I might want to do because of the fatigue.  since I have been retired I find myself just rattling around the house w/o digging in and doing anything because I know I will become so tired that I won't be abel to accomplish it.

I used to be a jazz guitarist.  I am no longer able to do this, I can't read.  I haven' been able to stay awakee for a church service in years.  can'tt pray w/o falling asleep etc.  does anyone have any advice ? 

ronr

coffee and mt. dew chaser.

Relax and let it be.  If you fight it too much, it will just knock you down harder and for longer.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

countryboy

For the past year or so, I find my fatigue level much higher than in the past.  But a lot of this could be due to the cancer.  I usually toss and turn and doze for a few minutes at a time, but after fighting this for about an hour, I can't take it any more so I usually get up and use the puter for about an hour.  Then, if I am lucky, I can then go to sleep using my c-pap. It takes a while, but it has worked about half the time.

The other times, I and up getting into my power chair and laying back with my back elevated about 8 to 10 inches.  I seem to ge about 4 hours sleep in this position.  So, I have been looking a back wedges.  It really amazes me to see how many different kinds there are out there and the prices vary a lot.  Right now I don't know if I want a foam one, a air one or what to try.  I do think that I would have to have the extra wide one so that my arms do not fall off.  This causes them to fall asleep which wakes me up.  They range from 20 " wide all the way up to 42 " wide.  Have to consider leaving enough room fo the wife to sleep comfortable.  There are some that are full length starting at about 8 " and taper down to 1 " at the bottom.  Wish I could try some of these out before buying, but don't know how that would work out.

Either way, the raised back seems to help with the sleep and the fatigue.  My brother loaned me his, but it wasn't wide enough and it was too high.  I think he said it was 12 " high  even at that height,  I felt like I was sliding down a lot.

Any body using one of these wedges?   :dunno:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

denny

I like foam instead of air cushion. :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

I have heard of one interesting idea for sleeping at an angle... prop up the bottom legs of your bed with books so that your bed is angled at least 6" higher at the head.  I also know of one gent who replaced his box spring/posture board with a 4x8" piece of plywood that he can prop up the mattress almost a foot while leaving the box spring on the floor to give him the right seated height.  Personally, I get a sliding feeling followed by a thumping feeling when I hit the floor if the grade is too much, but the sleep os much better while I'm on it.

As to the fatigue issues, I'm with Ron on this one.  Do what you can... use caffeine to boost your day as you need and nap when your body tells you it's time.  You've gotta just go with it for a lot of this... fighting it only hurts you in the end.  Yup, it sucks for being around people and keeping schedules but that's what we've been given.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DEL

I wish I could give you a secret to dealing with Fibro but the reality is the damn thing is so unpredictable that one would

go insane trying to stay ahead...choose your stimulant of choice and plod on, brother...this is a new way of life that takes

time to deal with...look up the stages of grief in the info for folks new to Fibro and you will see the similarities. We will do our

best to help, Brother.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

db

Allot of my fatigue is due to muscle weakness and pain.  I do better if I can always support my neck and back.   buttkick  So..maybe you could see if trigger points are present.  They are treatable although in my case they just don't seem to ever go away.  : :( :

db

foxgrove

QuoteThey are treatable although in my case they just don't seem to ever go away.
You're not alone in that, brother.  We keep trying and hoping that something will change.  I think that's what Albert Einstein called insanity.  :lmao:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

Quote from: db on December 14, 2016, 12:12:45 PM
They are treatable although in my case they just don't seem to ever go away. 

db

Even a little relief is welcome once in a while! 
They've been there so long I wouldn't expect them to just go away because that would just be a miracle.  Slow release and even slower onset of their return would make any of us happy HAPPY HAPPY.  At least that was my experience.  There are so many of them I think a shot in the jugular would be appropriate as the only way to work on them all at once.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk