News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Ayurvedic medication (essentially a mixture of herbs) for controlling nausea

Started by rvsw, October 23, 2016, 06:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvsw

Hello

I am a new member here. Right now, I have been suffering from inexplicable loss of appetite and nausea for the past 10 days. The nausea has decreased somewhat now. The doctor I was going to prescribed a medication that I was unaware of earlier and has been quite a success in the temporary control of nausea.

The name of the medication is Madiphala Rasayana. One of the links that describes the ingredients http://ayurmedinfo.com/2016/06/17/madiphala-rasayanam-uses-dose-ingredients-side-effects/

As it says, one of the ingredients is ginger which is a known remedy for controlling nausea and perhaps that is why this is effective. I have to try a new antidepressant medication in the next few weeks. Since usually any trial is accompanied accompanied by nausea, I plan to use this

foxgrove

I had to do a bit of conversion for the ingredients... cloves, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, wild leadwort, rock salt, sugar.  Sounds like something I'd use on my salad so likely safe for internal use.  Yes, ginger does help to settle the stomach.

If that doesn't work, I know that marijuana is also an excellent appetite aid and nausea suppressant.  If you have legal access to it and have no ethical arguments against it's use, you might consider using it.  I would imagine that clarifying it in butter and cooking with it would be the most efficacious use of it though you do have to be careful to use small amounts and wait for the effects until you are more used to it as it can be very potent.  Just re-read you post and you stated that your med DOES work... my bad :biggrin:

I can certainly relate to your sensitivity to medications.  New meds often give me nasty side effects... whether or not I stay with them is partly determined by whether or not the side effects diminish and are liveable.  Give it a good try and best of luck.

Fox

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

Hi rvsw, that meds a mouthful. :biggrin:
Are you taking opiates?
Because I am.I just wondered about our similarites.
I've been having unexplained weight and appetite loss for two and a half years after taking topamax and I thank you for the info.
I will defenatly try it.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

db

I just take the usual OTC meds for GERDS.  They work well enough.  It keeps me from gaining weight so I call it a good side effect. 

There have been issues with those that work on the protein pumps.  Things like Prilosec & Nexium.  I found they did work the best when I was at my worse.  But due to cost, I switched to the cheaper stuff.  I'm glad I did.   :biggrin:  But if it ever gets too bad.......I would go back to them. :giveup:

You can's win them all.  old-man/cane

db

rvsw

Well it is a complicated name because it is from Sanskrit. In US I used to get medications from whole foods but they are usually the ones which are very common in ayurveda. I don't know if it is easily available in the West but I thought I would put it out there because as I discovered, it is a mixture of herbs and so hopefully would not add to the side-effects of the already existing cocktail of medications that I have to take.

I do try to avoid pain medication and so I'm not on opiates. Right now, I'd take a medication called Flupirtine maleate on SOS basis. Again, it is not available in US but I'm not sure what Canada. After I moved out of United States, I discovered that medicine is practised very differently in different countries but it is a double-edged sword.

I had tried tramadol and methadone but both of them gave me horrible side effects. Ultimately I had tried opium and belladonna suppository pelvic pain and it was good. However opium is illegal in India so I could try that only in US. Flupirtine maleate helps take the edge off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk