News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Medical Marijuana Canada

Started by jim99, October 28, 2016, 05:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim99

I have had Fibro for a few years now but looking back the symptoms have been around for a long time. I guess as men we try to hide the pain or right it off to hard work and being sore and tired. I am on Gabapentin, Nabilone and Cymbalta. These meds have helped some but i don't care for some of the side affects. I have heard some good things about medical marijuana and started looking into how I could give it a try. After some research i found a doctor that agreed that this may be a way to help ease the pain and other symptoms fibro has. I have a prescription now and have found some good relief using it. I am on Canada Pension Disability and the $1100 a month i receive doesn't come close to paying the bills. the cost of the medical marijuana is not covered and is expensive. Has anyone else tried this and if so have you found a strain that works best for fibro? I have tried strains high in CBD which doesnt give you the THC high. I have worked hard my entire life and this illness has been a burden to my family and i will try anything that will help me get back to providing for them. I have always been the type of man that never asks for help but always help others if i can. I have tried to start a gofundme page "Medical Marijuana Financial Aid" to help cover the cost. I have turned to this forum for advise and some help. I am to embarrassed to ask family and facebook friends for help. Thanks

http://www.gofundme.com/medical-marijuana-financial-aid-2wcrekw8

Jim

Robby

Hi Jim, I have no information on mmj use/effectiveness. Unfortunately, I don't have access yet. But I did want to say you came to the right place for information, and you don't have to be embarrassed about asking anything here. We talk about and ask everything here. At the top right hand side of the page is a search box, searching for (mmj, marijuana, etc...) might help to answer a few of your questions until someone with actual knowledge comes by. I feel certain someone that does know what their talking about will be by shortly.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

jim99

Thank you for your reply. Not sure about you but I'm tired of all the pills needed to get thru the day. I get lots of anxiety with fibro and that's the first thing I felt relief from trying the mm. The product I have used so far is $12.50 a gram. You can get some for $4.00 a gram but it's high in THC. I don't want a high just a body calmness that the CBD provides.

Take care!
Jim

denny

Hi jim, i just got some high CBD pot last night and found the one and only thing that helps tremors at all.
I was so psyched! Its called"skunk CBD"
It has thc however,but GI Jane is one that's all CBD.
Unfortunately I smoke,but u should be able to get get pills of the same.

Of course its always possible that these are local strains. I don't know if there universal or not.
Probably not.

Hope it helps. Nice to see you. :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

Also it does kick ass on the anxity right?
Now it would be difficult to live without it me thinks. :biggrin:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

jim99

Yes it's great for anxiety. I deal with a Canadian company called Aphria and they have their own strain names.  Yes it sucks to find something that finally works and then can't afford to keep ordering. Hard to ask family and friends for help because they don't always understand and it's not me to ask for help. Take care and thanks for the reply.
Jim

foxgrove

Yeah, I've been eyeing their company as well.  I saw the one you're on now, Treasure Island, and I can see why.  Very high CBD 12%, very very low THC .8%.  In theory, it sounds perfect.  The one thing I don't know is if it's perfect for you.

In doing a little peek-see on Aphria reviews on their Facebook page, focusing mainly on ones who are dealing with fibro, it seems a lot of folks find relief with Wilbur, interestingly enough.  A few other strains were mentioned that are out of season and some folks seemed drawn to higher THC levels but Wilbur seemed to be persistently well though of.

I think you should give Wilbur a whirl... the CBD levels aren't as high at 5.88% and the THC component is a little higher, 2.5%, but from what I understand, it balances nicely and some folks have found it excellent for a work time product.  It's also a whole lot cheaper at $7.20/g

Now, remember, this is only from what I've read... no experience to draw from... only the experience of others. Just sayin... ;) 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

jim99

Wilbur is the first one I tried and found i needed more to get the desired affects. I also have tried both oils as well. The one with high THC is to help you sleep so should be used before bed. Just like the pills it's a matter of finding what works best.

foxgrove

Good to know you've already played the mj roulette wheel.  :biggrin:  If you're getting the right stuff, we just have to focus on affording it. :great:

Foxgrove

jim99

Yes thats yet another challange I face. My wife is not ok with me trying mj as she is stuck with the idea its just for people who want to get high. Back in 2005 she had ovarian cancer and while on the way to emergency surgery she had a heart attack and was down for 7-9 minutes before they got her back. She is also on disability as her memory is not good. She would have been ok with it back then but she has changed and doesn't like the idea. Thats one reason I havent sent my gofundme to my facebook to help raise some help. I should be worried about what bait to use to catch fish instead of how to pay for medication.

foxgrove

QuoteI should be worried about what bait to use to catch fish instead of how to pay for medication.

Well said!!!  So very true.

Sad about your sweet lady... that kind of thing can really change a person't personality.  I've seen it before.  Good that she's back, though.  That would have been even harder!

Foxgrove

jim99

Anyone who understands the need to find something that works to help you manage the pain knows what you will do to try. Please help if you can.

Thank you Jim

http://www.gofundme.com/medical-marijuana-financial-aid

denny

Not ignoring you jim.
I just got no mas denaro.
Sorry.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

jim99

I would never think that. I know most people on here are or have gone thru this as well. Love all my fibro brothers for hanging in there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk