News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Handy Gimp

Started by DEL, December 29, 2016, 04:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

I've never been much of the handy man type...not too bad with guns, archery equipment, and minor automotive...but not

much else.  I did install a water heater once, fixed an air conditioning unit, and helped demo and install flooring a couple of times by

following someone else's directions so  I guess I'm not totally hopeless.

Today I fixed the kitchen sink drain (thank God for You Tube videos) and feel like someone beat me with the adjustable pliers I used...I almost had it done

when one of the nuts cracked (mine felt like they would) so I installed a flexible extension kit I bought just in case and so far things are holding together.

In all honesty the hardest part was getting on the floor and back up again! :rotfl: old-man/cane
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Robby

I've got to fix mine, but I keep forgetting to pick up the parts  :giveup: old-man/cane

I dread getting in the floor and having to get back up.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

countryboy

DEL,

I hear you about getting up off the floor.  I'm waiting for a small in-house fork lift before I get back down there again.   :emocrazy:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

Quote from: DEL on December 29, 2016, 04:48:09 PM
feel like someone beat me with the adjustable pliers I used...:rotfl: old-man/cane

Good thing you didn't have to use a monkey wrench.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Good ole nut-crackin work, huh.  Yeah... it's mostly for the birds but it's kinda neat when you've been puttering for years and years to look back and see how many things you've extended the life of yourself.  Whether the job was neat and tidy or looked like a sow's ear, it extended the life of something.  

Glad you were able to find a workaround when your nut cracked... man does that sound painful or what!!  :yikes:  That's the defining point of a true handyman... don't get put off by little things like a cracked nut or a bent tube or a bad back... :biggrin: you know what I mean... you get back on the horse and find a way to get to the finish line... even if you have to crawl!  :clapping:

Congrats to the handyman!!  You done did good! :great:  

I know your sweetie is sure glad you finally got off the floor.  

You were hell to do dishes around!  :lmao: :rotfl: :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

When the sink breaks I suddenly get the urge to be somewhere else.
In a  gunfight, inside a burning building,falling out a plane without a chute ! ::Amen:: :blue thumbs up:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

wmoore

Boy, do I hate getting under the sink. Talk about a temper tantrum awaiting to happen. Did you see fireworks?

db

Yeah, I still think I'm pretty handy.  I know I can fix allot of stuff so it's easier than getting someone else to do it.   :giveup:

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk