News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Prayers for family

Started by foxgrove, January 10, 2017, 10:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

We're suddenly thrust into a situation that none of us want... my mother in law has been battling health issues for as long as I can remember but most recently, it went from the regular issues to something much worse.  In the past two months, her breathing has been seriously affected and she's been to a ton of doctors trying to figure out what is going on.  Just last week she was in for another blood test to rule out cancer.  It came back perfectly clean...

This weekend, she went in to the hospital to have a CT scan done of her abdomen to try to figure out what was causing her shortness of breath.  Scans show a mass in her chest that is compressing one lung almost fully.  It turns out to be a large lymphoma.  We don't yet know any staging or severity but we're pretty sure this is mom's last sleigh ride so to speak.

Please pray for my wife and her sisters and brothers.  There are 8 kids including Jo-Anne, 27 grandkids, and 12 great-grandkids that I can remember... it keeps changing every few weeks and there's several more on the way, so there's lots of family that want to visit still!  Some of them aren't near mom and it's going to take some pretty huge miracles for all her kids to make it to her bedside if this happens quickly.  Pray also for my kids... they have always been really close with mom and it's breaking their hearts. 

I ask the most for prayers of healing.  I don't think that mom's going to likely come out of the hospital but that's not the healing that needs to take place.  There's still a lot of unresolved topics and deeply rooted malcontent about a variety of topics.  I won't get into all of it but suffice to say, a lot of repentance and changing of attitudes needs to happen before real forgiveness can flow.  That's gonna take a huge miracle!

Thank you all ahead of time.  :bighug: :cry2:  Don't want to lose mom Ives but I know where she's going and it's been a long road to get here.  I'm just breaking up here...
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

I am so sorry, hugs and prayers on the way...
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Tay

Curve balls when you lest need them..... sending healing thoughts across the oceans to all of you.

Much love

Tay

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Lonesome George

Prayers for her, her family, your family, and all involved, for both health and healing.

It's a shame a doctor didn't do a simple chest x-ray in the beginning before this progressed so far.

countryboy

We never know how one person can effect so many others.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and yours.   ::Amen::
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Thanks.  :bighug:

A little update... Mom's still in emergency as there are no beds for her.  I'm going to visit regardless of the chemical impact, so pray that I'm able to function while I'm there.  I need to see mom and she wants me there, so...  :dunno:

...and I'm back... and I got nailed to the wall with chemical reaction but I'm alive so there... take that MCS!!  :P  I'll be going back to sleep for another 18 hours or so in a minute but I wanted to get this out before I did...

Mom has decided not to get a biopsy as it would only buy her a short time extra and only if it was the right type of cancer and radiation therapy went perfectly.  So, going forward, they are putting her on a course of steroids to shrink the mass in her chest and ease her breathing as well as making her as comfortable as possible. 

Sounds like this is the last roundup for mom and my heart is crushed.  She was so frail...  she'd never survive chemo, radiation maybe, but not chemo.  She wasn't even sure she'd survive a biopsy.  She can't seem to sleep more than a few minutes at a time (sound familiar?) and can't catch her breath 'cause of the tumor pressing on her lung.  Prayers for her... her name is June and she's the most amazing lady you could ever meet.  I'm hoping to make another trip to the hospital in a couple of days once my body can make the trip again.

Thanks.  Your prayers are beautiful sounds to God's ears and true blessings to us.  :bighug:

g'night

Foxgrove

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

An update... Mom passed away today at around 2pm.  I have been blessed to be able to visit her every day and spend time holding her hand while we napped.  I've been getting worse every day due to the cumulative effect of chemical exposure and today my body physically gave out, having to be wheeled from the hospital by wheelchair after yet another migraine, my 7th in 6 days.  I don't remember much from today as that was taken from me but I've been told she was very ready to go.  I was sleeping it off when she passed and woke to a bed full of sad children.

All the family that was able to come did come in the end.  A few of the grandkids and their families were too far away or tied down by life's craziness but mom sure knew that she was loved.  We watched her transform from an elderly lady into a husk waiting for release.  She's so happy now, with her Lord in a new and incorruptible body.  The only ones left crying are those she left behind.  As such, I am happy, regardless of the tears.  

Jo is doing OK... her biggest sorrow is that her sisters didn't really include her in the final goodbye or the time after as Jo was the one doing all the running around.  She didn't get a lot of time to spend with mom and I know that hurt.  She's always the one on the sidelines, in the wings, making sure that everything works out perfectly and constantly second guessing the value of her contribution when it's done.  I hope that one day she'll know her true value, though I doubt it'll be in this life.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. She made it... she won her race, she finished her course, and she's received her reward.  God is good, all the time!  ...I miss you already mom! :cry2:

Foxgrove

looneylane

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: So sorry to hear of your loss. There are very few days I don't miss my mom. Even how crazy she would drive me! Much love and prayers your way my friend!

ronr

Sorry for your great loss which will leave a permanent hole in your heart. 

Happy for her release from a body that was well worn and moving on.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Thank you.  Jo and I both appreciate the love and prayers from all of you.  It's going to be weird with both of Jo's parents gone now.  Mom Ives was the one who made sure all of the family got told of each other's goings on.  I guess we'll have to learn to be better communicators now.

Foxgrove

denny

:bighug:

Did the wisdom pass Down? Course it Did!
You guys will do fine.

It bummed me out when I read it the first time, I couldn't reply,sorry.
Mom's 93 now and it's always on my mind.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

countryboy

Sounds like she was ready and willing to be on her journey.  Her passing will undoubtedly effect a lot of people, which gives  a testament to her being in charge of so many loved ones.  Tell Jo that she has been a great 'sideline coach and care giver'.  The others will recognize this in time.  She has been a large part of how her mother watched over and guided the rest of her brood.  Cheers to her.

You both need time to take all of this in and I am sure you realize how great she was and how much she loved you all.  Be well and take care of yourself.   :pals:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk