News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Update on me

Started by Robby, January 25, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Where do I start? I've been in a worsening flare for a few months now. Some of that is it being winter, some of it's stress, and some of it has no reason it's just fibro hell. Now because of what I assume was a mix-up at the pain clinic I'm out of my Lyrica for another two weeks.

I'm also depressed, not extremely so but enough. Again some of it's the fibro, some of it's stress, and some of it's being bipolar. When it comes to stress start with having no money, then add in 6 or 7 emergency car repairs (I lost count), including my truck has been in the shop for 6 weeks because I haven't had the money to get it fixed. A frozen and busted water line, which meant me crawling under the trailer 4 times around 3 trips to the hardware store, while in a flare. Then Aaron's Autism is getting out of control, and no matter what we try it does not get any better. He is having these meltdowns, screaming, crying, stomping feet. It's not something he can control by himself, but the stress isn't good for me. All of that on top of so much more I haven't mentioned.

It's not all bad though we have received some financial help from a couple of different places, just friends and family deciding they had a little extra and wanted to share with us.

I know I've been a little AWOL around here, but I have kept up with what was going on. I've read every post, I just haven't had the brain power to focus on making very many comments. I had to take a few days and write this out by hand and then copy over to the computer, just couldn't focus that long at a time.

Too give you an idea of what things have been like, Brandon was going to put new brakes on Dawn's car, but both front tires had a lug-nut that was stripped. So we decided to send her to work in my truck and take the car to a tire store and have those nuts taken off. Before that happened the truck broke down. Before we could get it out of the shop she went to work one day and called me when she got there, the battery light came on as she pulled in the parking lot, and as she parked the car died and would not crank back up. So I borrow a car and luckily took Brandon with me, we went down and jumped the car off and took both cars to the parts house. The battery was bad, but they could not put the new one on because to do that you have to take the front wheel off the car. The wheel with the stripped nut. The parts guy suggested a mechanic that could do the job completely, I called he said no problem. Unfortunately we had to call a tow-truck because at that point the battery was too dead to even jump-off. Finally got all that fixed (battery, lug-nuts, and brakes), same day even, started home and the battery light came on again, the alternator went out. So next morning had to take it back to the mechanic, and my truck was still in the shop.

That's just the way things have been going. But it's fixing to be spring so things should be looking up soon. At least I'll be in a better frame of mind. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all of you to keep me sane.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

countryboy

Robby,

You stated that you didn't know what you would do if you didn't have all of us to keep you sane.  Boy that is a loaded
statement.  If you could put all of us in a barrel and roll us around then dump one of us out, I don't think you could
find 1 completely sane person in the bunch.   As for company, we all try to stick together and listen and listen
and listen some more.  That is about all we can do other then give a little verbal advise.  Even that might not
be much help, but at least we can communicate which always helps each other.

Hope you can get things under control and as you said, it's fixing to be spring so things should be looking up soon.  Some of our blooming bushes are budding out already even with this crappy winter freeze we have had.  :pals:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Robby

Quote from: countryboy on January 25, 2017, 06:48:51 PM
we all try to stick together and listen and listen
and listen some more.  That is about all we can do other then give a little verbal advise.  Even that might not
be much help, but at least we can communicate which always helps each other.

That is enough to keep me this side of the jackets that make you hug yourself..... :giveup:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

:bighug: :smiley praying:
We are in a similar spot. They want $1000 for a catalytic converter and we cant get it smogged  without that and we can't get it registered without being smogged so we been driving an unregistered car for a  year now.

The Holy Spirit is watching our backs right now,keeping the cops away.  :biggrin:
The boys ptsd keeps me/us on edge,big Time!
So I kinda get it.
Yeah spring! :emocrazy:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Some times it's just too hard to make the fingers go where the mind does.  Like now.  The pain gets flaring and takes over.  We understand just reading!  Thank God for touch typing right now.

More winter, mostly clouds, cold, and some little bits of snow here.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Not to change the subject but spring comes along pretty fast after the solstice.
Too bad I it's so expensive to live here.
The rich want it all to themselves.
Whoever serves them at Mc Donalds will be slum dwellers for sure.

Am I cheering you up yet? ;)

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

This has been one heck of a weird winter, let me tell you!  I'm glad that spring is coming as well but it seems like we just got winter here!  The ice barely froze before Christmas, which is totally bizarre, and we got more white stuff than ever once the temps dropped.  Snowiest December on record.  Now we're in a thaw of all things.  That isn't supposed to come until the Festival Du Voyageur in mid February to make all their statues melt (every year almost... it's like a running gag).  Our spring thaw will actually start in April but the trees and plants don't know that so we're likely to freeze more than a few of them out this year.

As for me... man, I just want a one way trip to somewhere warm, with a fixed temperature and barometer, lots of sun, surf, and sand!  Likely too much to ask but hey, you can't get there if you don't try, right. ;)  Of course, after seeing what the Cyclones ere doing to the south Pacific, I may be thinking other places!  Yikes!!!

Be well my lifeline to sanity.  It's interesting being completely nuts but good to at least have a rope to get to sanity when I need to.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

foxgrove

...remember where I mentioned the mid-February melt in Manitoba where we melt the Festival ice sculptures...  

"Surge in warm weather melts skating trail, cancels some Festival du Voyageur events"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-river-trail-closed-1.3989879

Only in Manitoba would you have a midwinter festival where it thaws every year and find it perfectly reasonable to admit that the worst of the winter storms and the deep cold will be back in two weeks to entertain and amuse.

...and yup, I feel like I've been sucked into a washing machine and it's stuck on spin/rinse!!!  Constantly soaked, bruised and beated, and dizzier than a firestorm.  Ca-razy!!   :insane:

Foxgrove

ronr

Enjoy it while you can cause we only get one nice week before the return of winter.  Then is when they take you out of the washing machine and start beating you on the rocks down by the river.

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Quote from: ronr on February 19, 2017, 09:37:10 AM
Enjoy it while you can cause we only get one nice week before the return of winter.  Then is when they take you out of the washing machine and start beating you on the rocks down by the river.

:lmao: :rotfl: {insert sobbing here} :rotfl: :lmao:

Foxgrove

ronr

I'm just really looking forward to this, as if last nights T-storms didn't help remind me of a few arthritis locations that had calmed down for a short time.

Seriously, we'll be warmer than Phoenix, and then it will snow !

http://wqad.com/2017/02/21/seriously-well-be-warmer-than-phoenix-and-then-it-will-snow/

foxgrove

Wow!  That's stupid weather... just plain incredibly wow!  We've got our spare rooom ready but I don't know that you'd find it much kinder here.  :budy:

Hang in there, bro.  ...and DON'T shovel, please!  It'll melt eventually.  ;)

Foxgrove

denny

It's WET here.
Leave a anything outside,covered or not its damp in 5 minutes.
Lots of rain but the air is just wet.
Odd.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

wmoore

We are having the wettest February ever. And that's saying something. Normal weather would be just under three inches of rain, as of now we are at eight inches so far. Wet hurts more. Yuk!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk